Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats a good textile pant for warm weather because I commute to work every day and the leathers are getting, lets say a little warm!!!!!!!!

I was looking at the icon overlord textile pant but some one said they were a little warm .. suggestions

·
Registered
523 Posts
Look for a pair of mesh overpants, then you can wear something a little cooler underneath and still be better protected.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was also looking for something for commuting on the really hot days where even perferated leather is a touch to hot.

I just ordered these for commuting. (Dainese Bruce Gore-Tex Pants) http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-bruce-gore-tex-pant

I wanted something waterproof but also breathable that offered good protection.

They have a new non waterproof pant that is meant for summer riding too.
(Dainese New Drake Air Textile Pants) http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-new-drake-air-textile-pant

I combine the bruce pants with this (Dainese fanboy :))
(Dainese Super Speed Textile Jacket)
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-super-speed-textile-jacket

·
Registered
239 Posts
I was also looking for something for commuting on the really hot days where even perferated leather is a touch to hot.

I just ordered these for commuting. (Dainese Bruce Gore-Tex Pants) http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-bruce-gore-tex-pant

I wanted something waterproof but also breathable that offered good protection.

They have a new non waterproof pant that is meant for summer riding too.
(Dainese New Drake Air Textile Pants) http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-new-drake-air-textile-pant

I combine the bruce pants with this (Dainese fanboy :))
(Dainese Super Speed Textile Jacket)
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-super-speed-textile-jacket
I have both the drake air pants and the super speed textile jacket, huge Dainese fan boy here as well.
fyi the textile pants are beefy. They are the "slimmest" textile pants that offer nice protection however they do not offer much airflow. The only vents are on the knees. The jacket however offers tons of airflow and I highly recommend the jacket.

I wish the drake air pants has mesh layering like the Alpine stars oxygen air pants ( great pants as well ) however they are very "baggy."

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Rev'it Tornado pants are hands down the best for warm weather riding. Fantastic build quality, protection, and you feel almost naked in them lol.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you are. My job gets ridiculously hot. I work directly with Huge 3000 degree ovens for brazing and annealing parts. The only perk is being allowed to wear shorts, but for obvious reasons, I'm not going to make my commute in shorts. I'm considering the Icon Anthem mesh pants to throw on and off, allowing me to still keep a set of shorts underneath. I own the Anthem gloves, and I'm very happy with them, so we'll see. Update when you decide. I'd like to hear what you end up with.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i wear draggin jeans / jacket just about all year round

www.dragginjeans.net

when it gets really cold, you can wear some "long johns" underneath them to keep warm, and if you very rarely wash them like me, not only do they stink like a dead dingo, but the grease, dirt, oil, sweat stains, helps to make them water proof!

·
Registered
652 Posts
I just picked up some Tour Master Venture Air Pants. They have 2 linings, a wind\water proof and a warming lining. Due to the weather I've removed both and just used the outer layer.(Some people go one size up and use the outer layer as overpants) It's mesh in many places and thick textile where important. Hip and Knee protectors. Seems like a pretty good pant so far. Ridden with it a few times. It doesn't get too cold at all in the weather I've ridden it in, even down at the coast in the evening I was still very comfortable and in the heat the other day it was pretty good when moving. When stopped or off the bike I feel like it will heat up more than say jeans, but I figure that's true of all moto pants.

An important thing for me was that these come in multiple lengths.

Reactions: cruizin

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I just picked up some Tour Master Venture Air Pants. They have 2 linings, a wind\water proof and a warming lining. Due to the weather I've removed both and just used the outer layer.(Some people go one size up and use the outer layer as overpants) It's mesh in many places and thick textile where important. Hip and Knee protectors. Seems like a pretty good pant so far. Ridden with it a few times. It doesn't get too cold at all in the weather I've ridden it in, even down at the coast in the evening I was still very comfortable and in the heat the other day it was pretty good when moving. When stopped or off the bike I feel like it will heat up more than say jeans, but I figure that's true of all moto pants.

An important thing for me was that these come in multiple lengths.
I also have had the Tour Master Venture Air pants for almost a year and love them. When I first got them in when I was in Tucson, I could ride just fine wearing my ABU pants with cargo pockets stuffed and had zero issues getting the pants on or off. Also, the zippers for the outer and rain layers are very tall and go up almost all the way up to the thigh which allows you to get nearly any boot through the pants and not have to worry about taking them off first. The inner most insulating layer though doesn't have nearly as aggressive of a zipper so it may not be as easy to get boots on and off. The seat is also reinforced and padded so it really helps with thin padded saddles. The mesh is very sturdy and ventilates VERY well when moving. When moving, it's almost as if you aren't wearing the pants at all. I have it paired up with my Tour Master Intake Air jacket which zips to the pants just fine and together make a very awesome hot weather combo.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have r jays perforated leather pants. They are great, cool on warm days and warm on cool days.

·
Registered
344 Posts
whats a good textile pant for warm weather because I commute to work every day and the leathers are getting, lets say a little warm!!!!!!!!

I was looking at the icon overlord textile pant but some one said they were a little warm .. suggestions

EEK! :eek: ICON is not best choice for anything.

Go with quality brands that you can afford in your budget. Perforated leather is going to be your best protection in a fall. Short of that get clothing that is mesh with a secondary liner underneath for rain and a little slid protection. I love my kelvar jeans with knee and hip pad inserts when commuting in warm weather.

·
Registered
523 Posts
There's nothing wrong with Icon gear. I've had more Astars gear fail on me than Icon and nobody would say Astars isn't quality.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the way Icon fits me!! I have a A star leather jacket but A star pants were a no go, I ended up buying Icon leather pants and there great. Because if it doesn't fit you then it probably is not the best choice !

Perforated leather for the summer is way way to hot for me

I like the draggin jeans for the weekend but I wear dress close to work and I need something to go over it.

I went with Icon mesh pants btw

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the way Icon fits me!! I have a A star leather jacket but A star pants were a no go, I ended up buying Icon leather pants and there great. Because if it doesn't fit you then it probably is not the best choice !

Perforated leather for the summer is way way to hot for me

I like the draggin jeans for the weekend but I wear dress close to work and I need something to go over it.

I went with Icon mesh pants btw
Hah, what a coincidence I think I saw you at the Good Time Center some weeks ago. I was leaving after trying on some jackets and my sister was with me and she asked if yours was the model of bike I was buying. I asked who and she pointed to a guy in an Astars jacket getting on a 300. Think you had bought something for your helmet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have both the drake air pants and the super speed textile jacket, huge Dainese fan boy here as well.
fyi the textile pants are beefy. They are the "slimmest" textile pants that offer nice protection however they do not offer much airflow. The only vents are on the knees. The jacket however offers tons of airflow and I highly recommend the jacket.

I wish the drake air pants has mesh layering like the Alpine stars oxygen air pants ( great pants as well ) however they are very "baggy."

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Good to know, I was considering grabbing the New Drake Air's as well. I definitely prefer the euro cut style and find Dainese is pretty consistently made that way. I mostly like them because they tend to be pretty subtle with their branding. For really hot weather where I am doing short trips I was considering getting the Draggin Jeans kevlar liner so I can just ride with any of my own regular jeans. Figured I would combine that with some strap on knee guards.

http://www.dragginjeans.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=DLINERS

1 - 20 of 20 Posts