Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Looks good! is that the snake skin one? I have that one at home, but its been in the 30's/40's here and when I apply decals when its that cold they never stick..

I may have to break out the heat gun..

Edit, how well do they work?

· Registered
1,592 Posts
Those look good. Definitely need to pick up a set.

· Registered
652 Posts
I just installed these tonight. It's a little cool outside but it seems to stick well. As others have said peel a little at a time, starting from the front. I aligned it using the tank edges at the bottom so it's pretty close to the same on both sides. Using some masking tape to give you edges along the top helps keep it on the right path.

· Registered
1,592 Posts

· Registered
1,592 Posts

· Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm starting to see the need for something like this. I slip around way too much while riding and it was driving me crazy when going on group rides. Really doesn't help that my overpants are slippery and slide on the seat easily. Sorta considering the stomp grips as well though. Anyone tried both before?

· Banned
679 Posts
I've always used stompgrip. I like tech spec they just always seem to be out of stock when I'm placing an order. The stuff works great, definetly improves comfort and when you get to aggressive riding levels it benefits as well.

· Registered
1,851 Posts
Honestly, the reason I would want stomp grips more is just because they come in clear and I feel like that would work better with the SE graphics. However I have no experience with either so that's probably not really the best opinion to go off of. Also, there isn't a Ninja 300 specific stomp grip kit available yet.

Oh yeah and I like to use a tank bag. Can a tankbag work in conjunction with tank grips?

· Registered
3,936 Posts
Honestly, the reason I would want stomp grips more is just because they come in clear and I feel like that would work better with the SE graphics. However I have no experience with either so that's probably not really the best opinion to go off of. Also, there isn't a Ninja 300 specific stomp grip kit available yet.

Oh yeah and I like to use a tank bag. Can a tankbag work in conjunction with tank grips?
I have a tank bag with the techgrip snake skin and a tank protector pad. Works just fine.

Edit: Guess I'll throw some pics up since it's been a while since I used photobucket. Here's some before and after. I haven't done much so it may be a bit hard to see any difference.

And a rear tank shot for the hell of it.

Hope yall like it and it kinda gives you an idea what these look like on an SE and kinda how you can put it on to best cover the decals while still following the trim lines.

· Registered
1,190 Posts
Got my Gripster Snake Skins in a few days ago :) I was going to install them after finishing with my SV rearsets, but it was so cold in my garage... I lost all feeling in my toes haha. Decided to call it quits and save it for a warmer day. Definitely don't want to be in a rush trying to apply these.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.