Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought myself a beautiful passion red 300 last week. As the weather is still miserable and my MSF course is not until near the end of March I didn't figure I would push the dealer to have it delivered right away but he thought I should have it by the end of this week. At least I could start getting used to where everything is on the bike.
Thanks
As I hadn't heard anything up to today I shot him a quick email asking about the status.

He replied a little later on that things are on hold for awhile as Kawasaki has posted a technical bulletin in regards to the 300. It's not in the form of anything mechanical but rather cosmetic.

Anyone else hear about this?

Could it be about what I've read on the forum about fairings popping out?:confused::(

·
Registered
865 Posts
I so wish they fix my fairing issues... >_> srsly

·
Registered
561 Posts
Yeah send me some new fairings... I want red ones....

I dont see how they could fix the problem without doing new fairings. they are obviously a tad to big or the bend at that area is to tight.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Well it would be nice to have some fairings that stay where they are supposed to........ never had a bike that has such poor quality plastics, but still wouldnt give up my 300 for anything. I wont hold my breath for a recall though...... keep the info coming on this issue if anyone hears more guys and gals

·
Registered
193 Posts
Azalin, just noticed you're in the GTA too. Where did you get your bike? Kahuna Powersports hasn't mentioned anything about a recall or fix. Albeit I haven't talked to them in a couple weeks..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I was about to ask the same. I may pop an e-mail to the dealer I'm buying from to see what's up

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Bought myself a beautiful passion red 300 last week. As the weather is still miserable and my MSF course is not until near the end of March I didn't figure I would push the dealer to have it delivered right away but he thought I should have it by the end of this week. At least I could start getting used to where everything is on the bike.
Thanks
As I hadn't heard anything up to today I shot him a quick email asking about the status.

He replied a little later on that things are on hold for awhile as Kawasaki has posted a technical bulletin in regards to the 300. It's not in the form of anything mechanical but rather cosmetic.

Anyone else hear about this?

Could it be about what I've read on the forum about fairings popping out?:confused::(
Damn, I won't be the only one riding a red 300 in Toronto anymore :( lol

Welcome! Please see if you can get more info about the bulletin from your dealer, everyone here would be very interested to see which issue(s) it addresses.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I picked it up at Kahuna Powersports yes. I've sent them another message to see if they could be a bit more specific so I can update everyone.
Hopefully it wasn't for another reason and I was told that it was another issue.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Well that saves me a slight detour. Was gonna drop by Kahuna to see what was up on my way home from work. Wonder if they just made something up to mask a delay...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Eh, Kahuna isn't my dealer. They are closest to me, but they didn't want to budge on price. So I went further north. These guys above though, I'd want to get to the bottom of this. Would piss me off if they were just making stuff up to cover their tracks

·
Registered
342 Posts
I picked it up at Kahuna Powersports yes. I've sent them another message to see if they could be a bit more specific so I can update everyone.
Hopefully it wasn't for another reason and I was told that it was another issue.
They are doing you a favour in delaying your pickup, temps and road condition in the GTA are crap. I would hold off pickup until March 1st, then you will be good to go IMO.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts