Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just bought a Ninja 300 second hand in white.

It only had 400ish kilometres on the clock, yet already had some light brown stains on the fuel tank. After riding it no more than 50 kilometres, I've noticed that I've added to the staining. Said stains don't seem to rub off easily. Does anyone have any ideas re how to remove such stains? It's strange because they're appearing in places where it doesn't really seem possible that my jacket or jeans could be rubbing too much. Any help would be hugely appreciated!

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have some stains on my tank that's difficult to wash off. I only clean the bike in cold water currently and that's not shifting it. It's just above the seat do maybe from leaning forward?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys, thanks so much for all the responses! Sorry for my late reply, I work in mining on a roster and was in the middle of nowhere with no net. The bike is parked in an undercover car park for everyone's information. I'm now trying washing all of my (new) riding gear, as I have a theory that perhaps it is just staining from my jeans or something. I'll post a couple of photos when I get back home to clarify what I'm dealing with. Thanks again people!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have some stains on my tank that's difficult to wash off. I only clean the bike in cold water currently and that's not shifting it. It's just above the seat do maybe from leaning forward?
Yeah I have similar markings on my bike too. I suspect it's from the constant rubbing of my legs on the bike. Rubbing away the clear coat and leaving stains.

To resolve I put on a tech spec tank grip :) no more visible markings.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts