Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to take my MFC at Bike smart Motorcycle training and apparently thier pretty picky about the boots you have to wear has to cover the ankle, be for protection not fashion
now i dont want a full racing boot i need something i will be able to walk around in i was looking at the puma Flat v2 Boots or the Puma Testastretta II Mid Boots something like thoughs i sent them a email asking if they would work but i just get the auto response thing
so has anyone took the class from thier or is thier another class around santa clara that would be better ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
You know, I wore hiking boots. As long as they are over the ankle, I don't know that they care that much. Some guys wore cowboy boots. Some wore motorcycle boots, some wore steel toe work boots. I think its not too huge of an issue as long as its over the ankle. Other opinions?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it said right on the site no hiking or work boots lol but just wanted to no how strict they really were about it

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Over the ankle isn't much of a requirement honestly. I used Icon standard boots that I got on sale for the course. Like computerguy said, hiking boots, work boots, etc. will work. I took mine with Two Wheel Safety though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually just looked up two wheel saftey and its about 5 blocks at the collage right nesxt to me so ill look into that one

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
I wore a pair of tims.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
909 Posts
I wore military style boots. It's what I wear when I ride now actually. I went to the military surplus here and picked up some boots for law enforcement/swat. So they're comfortable to wear at work. Can run in them. If needed? And they look nice. Even tho the toe does get roughed up from the shifter, a little spit n shine works.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have a pair of work boots I used lol and actually still use em for riding lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
I noticed the problem with steel toe work boots is that you can't easily get the toe under the gear shift lever very well and you can't feel if it's shifting or not, so I went and bought some riding boots that were on sale.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
958 Posts
I wore military style boots when I took my class, they just want you to have something that covers your ankle. The problem with hiking or work boots are that the toe area is so thick that you may have a problem operating the shifter. I think I found my class through here http://www.ca-msp.org

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the info guys i found a place to take it and im just going to go buy a pair of boots since ill need them anyway

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks i looked thier before i was thinking of a boot like the Puma Flat V2 boots since i will need to be able to walk around in thies and not really have to much time to change

1 - 15 of 15 Posts