Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Wow... that's a great price! Let us know if you find any reviews or feedback from anyone. I have been considering sliders from day one but I am disappointed in the cost of some of the options available.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have heard awesome things about them on an FZ6R forum, but I'm not sure about the 300 modeled ones. Definitely keep us posted if you decide to get them or if you find someone that has!

·
Registered
33 Posts
i cant really tell how these bolt up and how structurally sound they would be compared to the yoshi's and shoguns.... but damn i do need to pick out some sliders and fast lol

·
Registered
295 Posts
Looks like I'm your huckleberry. I should have them this weekend along with my new Ninja 300. It might take a while for me to get a review of them up.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright Huck Finn.

You will be the T-Rex pioneer.

You have to admit, the price is great and they are unique looking with the Ninja stamp. Big puck.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
T-Rex frame sliders

$126 shipped
$75 for dealer to install

No cut and original looking puck
comes in black/white/green outline

I have met the guinea pig and it is me.

·
Registered
295 Posts
T-Rex frame sliders

$126 shipped
$75 for dealer to install

No cut and original looking puck
comes in black/white/green outline

I have met the guinea pig and it is me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_mfRnrU858
Looks like you beat me to the install! It's next on my todo list once I figure out how to get the farings off.

Did you end up supporting the engine while putting them on? It looked to me like there were enough bolts to hold the engine in place without the support.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Since I paid $75 for install, they did not reveal the mysteries behind the fairings. He said the directions were good.

He told me it took 2 hours, which is the time required for "cut" sliders.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The puck design, just from the larger surface area, has to handle impact better than the typical smaller circular ones.

The supporting post is substantial and sturdy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Installed mine last weekend. I was going to do a DIY, but said... this is such a piece of cake, I'm sure anyone can figure it out. =D ...that and I was trying to get out of the house sooner than later.

Really, you don't need a dealer to do it. I googled fairing removal in Youtube to find a complete list of videos to help me with that. The included instructions are through (albeit the pics are a little dark). IF you really have difficulties let me know, I can help out.

Great price, really sturdy with a bolt through the engine. Granted I'm new to motorbikes but my bike bud said those are the kinda sliders you want.

I also picked up their rear spools for like, $15 I believe?

Reactions: GreenSmitten
1 - 20 of 35 Posts