Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to pick up a pair of spools for my bike because that it the kind of rear stand that I have. So I have been looking on eBay and such for something I like. Everything that I end up liking are considered swingarm sliders.

Is it just me or are swing arm sliders insanely huge??? I seen a couple pictures and they just look so out of place in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put in an order for these.. Thought they would be worth a try. Just hope they are not to large for my liking...

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry I'm new to the bike world. What's the purpose of the spools?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so you can use a rear stand that has spool adapters, much safer than a pad style stand.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Also the purpose of these is to protect your swingarm in case of a crash, Kind of liek the ugly ass ones that Kawasaki has out for the side plastics, but this ones for the swing arm.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I looked at my 300 today and I see a sleeve with what looks like an M10 thread in the center welded to the bottom of the swing arm on both sides. So this must be where the spool goes. I think I'll order the stand first and then make the spools to fit. Lucky I work in a metal shop. I don't see how sliders are going to help much there in a fall so I'll probably keep them small.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never actually used the one that I posted up, they looked nice but were far to large for my tastes.. I actually went with a set of Yoshimura spools, nice and small :)

Which part is 10mm? Is there a place where they just screw in?

Here's a link to some cheap rear stands:
http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-swingarm-stand.htm
Kind of flimsy looking, but the rear wheel weight can't be more than 175lbs. So they are probably adequate.

$25 for shipping is alot, you can get a nice stand from Cycle Gear for $50.. You can get a OK stand from Harbor Freight for I think $20 right now, its on sale.. I had my last harbor freight stand for 3 years with no problems.. Only got rid of it because I was bikeless for a year.. Now I have the cycle gear one, and I think its way nicer than the harbor freight version..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts