Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Suzuki dealership today and I was gazing upon the GSXR 600, while a nice lady comes and asks me if I had any questions, and I did. "What is the horsepower on this bike and what rpm is it at and where is the power band on the bike? How does it compare to the GSXR 750?" etc.. Well, she had no idea about anything I was asking. She kept having to refer to a "manual" and couldn't find anything that I was asking.

Anyways! So I was like.. Yeah I like this bike and I would like to upgrade to it maybe one day down the road when I feel like taking on more payments. She asked, "What bike do you have now?" I replied, "The new kawasaki ninja 300". From there on out she's like, "Well this is the bike you would want then, it is like night and day and has more power (duh). The 250s and 300s can't go long distances, it's too hard of a strain on the engine." That last part right there kind of offended me. I didn't really say much more because I didn't feel like I needed to prove that I driven hundreds of miles in one day and the bike didn't act any different afterwards. I just finished the conversation and walked out.

Just a little story that I felt like discussing with someone else.:D

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Anyways! So I was like.. Yeah I like this bike and I would like to upgrade to it maybe one day down the road when I feel like taking on more payments. She asked, "What bike do you have now?" I replied, "The new kawasaki ninja 300". From there on out she's like, "Well this is the bike you would want then, it is like night and day and has more power (duh). The 250s and 300s can't go long distances, it's too hard of a strain on the engine." That last part right there kind of offended me.

i love people who run 250cc bikes in to the ground and have no friggin idea what a 250cc is capable of

check out this guys blog in japan

http://www.geocities.jp/tetsu_iron/

he has a 21 year old Suzuki GSX250F Across (inline 4 cylinder that red-lines at 16,000 rpm. i owned one, fun to ride) and has done over 380,000 kilometres on it, that’s almost the distance from the earth to the moon!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i love people who run 250cc bikes in to the ground and have no friggin idea what a 250cc is capable of

check out this guys blog in japan

http://www.geocities.jp/tetsu_iron/

he has a 21 year old Suzuki GSX250F Across (inline 4 cylinder that red-lines at 16,000 rpm. i owned one, fun to ride) and has done over 380,000 kilometres on it, that’s almost the distance from the earth to the moon!

I'll check it out! And yea.. People think the 300 is just like the 250 lol. It's starting to become annoying!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I'll check it out! And yea.. People think the 300 is just like the 250 lol. It's starting to become annoying!
bah, dont let the nay-sayers get to you mate, relax and get on with riding the wheels off the thing;)

·
Banned
613 Posts
Anybody that knows anything about bikes isn't going to bad mouth a 250. After all any moto3 rider could kill pretty much anyone who isn't racing AMA level on any bike.

·
Registered
344 Posts
She was trying to give you the hard sell. There was a little truth mixed in with all the BS though. A large engine is going have a bigger power hit, but that doesn't always make it more fun to ride.

Had a Nissan Leaf take me today at a red light. Didn't know they were going to launch off the line; you can't hear an electric car revving at a light :D. They must have been so proud to blow a Ninja off the line...

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Well if she didn't know what she was talking about, then enough-said. No need to argue with her (though it could have been fun).

Beaten by a Nissan Leaf, doh! Hard to beat electrics to 60 I'm guessing, but nobody likes to be beaten by anything called a 'Leaf'. :D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Everyone that ever sees me on my bike compliments me. Ask if my paint is custom. Ask how I like my 600 or ZX6R.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Someone please fix the title. :D Suziki=Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
After that bit I'd buy a Yamaha or a Kawasaki and ask for her to do the paperwork lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: cruizin

·
Registered
310 Posts
A dealership trying to paint their own products in the best possible light to make a sale. Sometimes by putting down competing products regardless if it's stretching the truth quite a bit to make a sale.

Surely that has never happened before.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts