Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I have an alpinestars mesh jacket T-gp is the model i believe, but I find myself sweating to death on the daily commute home. Have had to pull over several times for a breather now!
Any jacket recommendations? A friend of mine suggested buying a motocross chest protector to wear over my work shirt and add gloves to it? but that sounds ridiculous to me... not to mention the road rash would be 100% worse if i have an accident of some sort :l
What do you guys wear in the scorching summers? :cool:

· Registered
595 Posts
Jeans and a T-Shirt :D and flip flops of course.

I find it very unfair that the 300 was released in the US in the winter and you guys in Oz got it in the summer time. :p;)

I've always been fond of the expression "I'd rather sweat than bleed".:)

· Registered
122 Posts
A Rev'It Airwave two-piece suit works great for me in the south. It'll set you back around $400 US. I also have a pair of Held Airstream gloves which flow an impressive amount of air. Over 96°F though it's best to wear non vented gear.

· Banned
666 Posts
I have a sedici jacket that is awesome ventilation
got b it for 150

· Registered
162 Posts
Rev'it is one of the more reputable brand along some of the forums. Dainese and alpinestars make some nice quality jackets but they make a quite a few. Depends on your budget really. Just be sure to look for quality of the jacket, safety protection plating and pads, and of course perforated parts like along the armpit area and around the back to disperse the heat.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Although the idea of having alternative riding gear for summer sounds appealing, (especially being in FL) I have to say my safety comes first. I will ride hot and be safe versus trading my safety for being cooler. Let's face it, if your in a hot state you can't avoid being hot at extended stops...even if your in a tank and shorts.

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Im not in full leather, I wear a textile jacket with inserts,gloves,and full face helmet....

But when I see people in vest and/or no coverage I always have to ask myself how they would end up if they did take a spill...ya know?

· Registered
1,001 Posts
Ya, they have way more breathing allowance than leather for sure.

I still get toasty in hot weather in my textile though...
mainly at long lights in heavy traffic.

Surrounding car heat is rough. :p

· Registered
575 Posts
Hi,

I've got a Rev'it Ignition II jacket. It's a three season one which has a removeable thermal vest, as well as a waterproof liner. Both can be worn separately, together, or both off. The jacket has plenty of amour but as it is a hybrid of both leather and mesh, very breathable. Also has forearm zips for added airflow. Been riding the past 4 months North Sydney <-> Parramatta and it gets me through the cold / heat so far. Hoping it will be cool enough in summer!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.