Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with a pretty substantial "dead zone" in the accelerator? I understand that there will be some play but I my dead zone is a good 30 degree turn of the wrist before you start on the accelerator. I've pulled apart the little plastic box near the throttle (the small black one that your kill switch is mounted to). The "guide" for the accelerator cable is pretty much a ~6mm thick disc with NO recess to guide the cable, so what's happening is the cable is slipping off the perimeter of the disc.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Upon inspection of the disc it just doesn't look like much thought has gone into the design of it.

If you guys are having trouble visualising what I'm talking about I can take some pictures tomorrow.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah you might want to fix that... Manual calls for 2-3mm of free play not 30

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not sure if I know what you mean. The throttle cables should have a little play. As far as placement, the cables should run into the box covering right had grip, and each cable should go opposite directions around an area that is clearly made for the cable.

I suppose the runs could be on the cover, and they were just never place correctly to begin with?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, was thinking of looking into it myself but I guess I'll just let them sort it out since it's under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts