Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

· Registered
264 Posts
Only one track day org for the whole Texas? That's weird. A nice business opportunity there then. LOL
About 3-4 years ago, we had 3 or 4 track day organizations. Then there were only 2 left a couple of years ago. One shut down this year, so it only leaves one. On the plus side, since I have my race license for CMRA, I can use the Friday practice day as a track day, if I don’t feel like racing.

We are also down 2 tracks. Texas world speedway is now closed and eagles canyon has been horrible for years, but now it’s closed to be repaved. It’s suppose to open next year sometime.

This only leaves us with 3 TX tracks, one in OK and one in LA. I guess the plus side is COTA is one of the tracks I get to play with regularly . >:)

Reactions: jd41

· Registered
1,171 Posts
About 3-4 years ago, we had 3 or 4 track day organizations. Then there were only 2 left a couple of years ago. One shut down this year, so it only leaves one. On the plus side, since I have my race license for CMRA, I can use the Friday practice day as a track day, if I don’t feel like racing.
This!! There is so much good about practice race days. Not sure about CMRA, but for CCS a practice day is a lot cheaper. Then, for those on lightweights and ultralights, you get grouped with bikes of your own kind. You're not on the track with a newb on a Panigale who guns it on the straight and parks it in the corners. And strangely, the level of professionalism and courtesy is higher than track days where it's pretty much The Thunderdome. Kinda weird considering one has passing rules and the other doesn't. And finally, I don't miss CR's who all too often act like the policemen of the racetrack.

Some people do the practice day, then just do the long GT race the next day and that's it. It's a long race that a lot of other racers often treat as another practice session since some don't come for the practice day. Then you wrap it up and hang out to spectate the other races and it makes for a fun weekend. :D

· Super Moderator
816 Posts
...Not that anyone cares in this forum comprised mostly of oil/ tire questions, pseudointellectuals and bitter baby boomers. :whistling1smilie: lol
LOL. Not sure what category I do fall in.

Technically, not a baby boomer. Pseudointellectual? I don't think I qualify for that. I must be an oil/tire questions guy! HAHAHA.

Very nice!

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
LOL. Not sure what category I do fall in.

Technically, not a baby boomer. Pseudointellectual? I don't think I qualify for that. I must be an oil/tire questions guy! HAHAHA.

Very nice!
Issa joke :detectivesmilie:

Almost every new thread here is about what oil to use and if 120 160 tires are "ok". lol

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.