Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was attempting to remove the 5mm allen bolt screw on the fairing to fix the gaps by the handlebars and ended up stripping the damn thing. (what a noob right?!! :emot-bang:) I was wondering if anyone has any tips or advice to remove the bolt? My last resort would be for me to take it to my local bike shop.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Masking tape the plastic around the bolt to protect it while you try and get a good bite on the sides of the bolt head with some good, toothed, pliers. Posting up a pic of which one would help us to better guide you.

Possible to get a standard 13/64" allen wrench to fit a rolled out 5mm sometimes too

·
Registered
887 Posts
Extractor bit with a drill... Or try one of the new sockets SEARS sells that's supposed to grip on... Or pliers like he said depending on torque level. Or trying tapping on a smaller socket depending on the damage done. GL it won't be the end of the world :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.