Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've done about 650k's on my Ninja in the last 4 weeks and the paint on the stock rear-set plate has already started to come off.

I know this part is "wear-and-tear" and it tends to get scratched from boots and what not, but it seems quite excessive for a short time.

Has anyone else noticed this part getting awfully scratched in such a short time?

·
Registered
117 Posts
My rearsets looked worn after the 47 mile trip home from the dealer. Similar wear didn't present itself on my 2011 250R until after a 1200 mile round trip to Florida.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I just changed out my stock rear sets after 500 miles.. They were BEAT TO ****, I was shocked!! On my last bike they looked brand new after 5000 miles when I changed them out!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Ok, another noob question. But what is a set-plate?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
The rear-set plate is the piece of metal your ankle rests against (beside the pegs).

Only 585km on mine and they're both scratched quite badly too.

·
Registered
865 Posts
mines clean after a bit over 1000 miles lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
for all the people with clear plates do you wear legit motorcycle boots? or soft shoes and people with scraped up are you wearing shoe with plastic on the inside of the boot :p?

·
Registered
733 Posts
I was looking at it today on my way to work and saw that my pants are the reason for it. But not a prob for me just shows that I ride my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts