Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

steering nut cap

5K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  mikeee 
#1 · (Edited)
Anyone know where to get a kawi green steering bstem nut , Or should I paint the existing one. Any ideas ?

#5 ·
Or you could go to the SSR website directly. ;)

They dont do green though, only black, gold, red, blue and silver. Send them an email they may be able to do you one in green. Or alternatively, buy a silver one and get it anodized green locally once you get it.

#8 ·
bewared painting stuff on your motorcycle

the sun will fade it & look like crap if not done right.

and if you wish to paint something & then clear coat it, make sure the clear coat is UV resistant or it will turn yellow, crack & peel off & like like crap in under 2 years

#9 ·
Thanks great advice . I ordered paint straight from Kawi so the match should be right on they are sending me a clear coat that they also use on their bikes so I figure if I prime first it should last. What do you think ?

#19 ·
If you would be willing to ship the nut or anything else depending if its small or whichever size to one of my friends who own a powder coating company I could let you know some more details. It's called Vagwerks they do Volkswagen and Audi wheels and engine parts etc. The website is here to show its official http://www.vagwerksperformanceandcoating.com/

#21 ·
I'm not 100% sure on that you would have to contact them via their website to get a quote. But I have had some stuff done there awesome work. You could also find a local one around your area to cut down on shipping cost of wheels that will be killer, check around your local area for some powdercoating shops they def are around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.