Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know where to get a kawi green steering bstem nut , Or should I paint the existing one. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
most are painting it. R&G has a black cap, not sure if they have any other color. I my just hit mine with etching primer then black paint. (cheaper than Plasti dip here) :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you search for ninja 300 steering nut on amazon, there is a company called ssr motorsports that sells the nut in like 5 different colors. not sure of the quality, but theyre only $25, so it might be worth a try :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Green really isn't going to be a widely available color for bike parts. I personally would get stuff powder-coated if I had the money. Might be able to color match better too.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
If you search for ninja 300 steering nut on amazon, there is a company called ssr motorsports that sells the nut in like 5 different colors. not sure of the quality, but theyre only $25, so it might be worth a try :)
Or you could go to the SSR website directly. ;)

They dont do green though, only black, gold, red, blue and silver. Send them an email they may be able to do you one in green. Or alternatively, buy a silver one and get it anodized green locally once you get it.

·
Banned
277 Posts
sadly, SSR uses cheap anodizing so expect it to fade if it sees alot of sun.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
bewared painting stuff on your motorcycle

the sun will fade it & look like crap if not done right.

and if you wish to paint something & then clear coat it, make sure the clear coat is UV resistant or it will turn yellow, crack & peel off & like like crap in under 2 years

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks great advice . I ordered paint straight from Kawi so the match should be right on they are sending me a clear coat that they also use on their bikes so I figure if I prime first it should last. What do you think ?

·
Banned
277 Posts
Thanks great advice . I ordered paint straight from Kawi so the match should be right on they are sending me a clear coat that they also use on their bikes so I figure if I prime first it should last. What do you think ?
I'd be more worried about a wrench/socket touching it after paint.

Plasti-dip would've worked better since it's easy to apply and remove.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
sadly, SSR uses cheap anodizing so expect it to fade if it sees alot of sun.
Which is why I said to obtain a silver one and get it anodized locally. ;)

ANY anodizing will fade in the sun guys. Some last shorter than others yes.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
I'd be more worried about a wrench/socket touching it after paint.

about 13 years ago i went crazy with my vfr800. the rear wheel nuts, all 4 of them i got them 15 carat gold plated

to put them on/off you put a rag over it first then use a socket.no dramas at all, im willing to be the same thing here

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would just take off a bunch of stuff like rear pegs, and anything else you would want black and just hit a local powder coating place and get it done the correct way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Only thing is I dont want blaxk I want green . Cam they match the color ?

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you would be willing to ship the nut or anything else depending if its small or whichever size to one of my friends who own a powder coating company I could let you know some more details. It's called Vagwerks they do Volkswagen and Audi wheels and engine parts etc. The website is here to show its official http://www.vagwerksperformanceandcoating.com/

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What do you think the average cost would be . How do they calculate it ? Area, weight? I have a lot I want done rims , stock exhaust , wheel hugger .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts