Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In comparison with the other bikes I already had, I noticed this bike to be very sensitive when gently and rapidly turning or shaking the handlebars at low speed. The bike immediatly reacts by slightly moving left and right. So I decided to remove my hands from the handlebars (just a few cm away) when slowing down at a red light and the handlebars began to oscillate or wobble. It doesn't do that all the time, but it did a few times, depending of the state of the asphalte.

Anybody else has noticed that?
Would a steering damper be a good thing to add? Maybe the oem front tire (IRC) is the guilty guy and I should look for something better but the pressure is fine.
I once had a RZ-350 and I added one. It helped for the stability, especially , IMO, when dealing with a light bike.

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
In comparison with the other bikes I already had, I noticed this bike to be very sensitive when gently and rapidly turning or shaking the handlebars at low speed. The bike immediatly reacts by slightly moving left and right. So I decided to remove my hands from the handlebars (just a few cm away) when slowing down at a red light and the handlebars began to oscillate or wobble. It doesn't do that all the time, but it did a few times, depending of the state of the asphalte.

Anybody else has noticed that?
Would a steering damper be a good thing to add? Maybe the oem front tire (IRC) is the guilty guy and I should look for something better but the pressure is fine.
I once had a RZ-350 and I added one. It helped for the stability, especially , IMO, when dealing with a light bike.
Has been covered mate, I believe it is the poor quality steering head bearings.

See here:

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/12-ninja-300-appearance-modifications/760-steering-wobble-head-bearings.html

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
ive had no steering wobble issues and have taken my hands off numerous time :eek:

I know bad me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts