Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new rider I have a question about riding down a steep twisty decline, we have some roads coming down from ski hills that are quite steep. What is the best way to handle this type of road( these are paved roads). In my car I am not able to go more that 60KMH(40MPH) at most and 20kms in other tights spots.
Thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
i strongly suggest to Ottawamark you investigate if theres a riding course near you to bring your skill levels up, if not, have a read thru my tips for new riders in my signature below & order the book/dvd that i have listed , it will help you

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yes, going downhill around corners can be tricky because it is harder to slow down and going into a corner too hot gets many riders into trouble. Lower gear along with braking is the answer. Going up a hill with corners is so much easier in part because it's easier to slow down, braking and engine braking are much more effective with gravity on your side (as far as control is concerned) rather than working against you, and you are much less likely to enter the curves too hot. That's true of any bike. Practice, but not too fast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts