Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250 w/ 17' 300 engine, 07 EX500
194 Posts
I'm glad it worked out for you. You'll be very happy with the Rick's Motorsports parts. Which R/R did you get? Did you put loc-tite on the stator bolts?

Glad I could help.

Reactions: the yeti

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm glad it worked out for you. You'll be very happy with the Rick's Motorsports parts. Which R/R did you get? Did you put loc-tite on the stator bolts?

Glad I could help.
I got the hotshot.

Maybe I am a complete idiot... I didn't loctite the stator bolts. D'oh!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I got the hotshot.

Maybe I am a complete idiot... I didn't loctite the stator bolts. D'oh!
Great choice on the HOTSHOT.

Bad news, you're going to have to take the stator cover off, and loc-tite those bolts. If not they could back out and destroy a bunch of parts. Sorry I didn't say this sooner, but I thought it would have said it in directions from Rick's.

For those whom think I'm being paranoid, look it up, and ask the people at Rick's Motorsports how many they've seen destroyed.

Use the BLUE loc-tite, NOT THE RED!!!, just a few drops on each bolt. I have the purple, green, blue and red in my personal shop. The purple is my favorite, and my go-to for most parts, if I'm worried about vibrating loose.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I realize that some people might be wondering about di- electric grease.

Well here's a good video about it, and most importantly how to use it.

And yes the video using the same brand as I do.

Reactions: the yeti

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Whelp, all done (again). Appreciate the assists. Leaving for the mountains Thursday but taking my other bike since I haven't really done a shakedown ride on this one. Meanwhile here's a pic of the bike.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Glad to hear that, sorry once about forgetting to tell you about loc-tite a bit late. But hey at least I thought about it before you did serious damage.

Have fun

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you need a new stator, or rebuild your old one, be sure to get it from Rick's Motorsports.

They've done a lot work for me over years, always quality work, and great communication.

If you need a rectifier, get their HOT SHOT one, a lot better than OEM.

Hi. It looks like you know how does it work. So I'll try to ask you.
2014 Kawasaki ninja EX300cc.
Few days back came back home and bike just stall on me when I stopped at my parking. Tried to start engine but it didn't. Can hear numerous clicks and that's it. Recharged battery. It took only 10-15 minutes with a 3A charger. Battery showing 12.41V without being connected. This charging didn't make any difference and bike still no wanna start.
Pushed downhill and started. Red battery light was ON. Added RPM to about 5000 and light whent off. Got back to parking. As soon as I lowered RPM to about 1500 engine stall.
Tried to tested stator. It have a similar readings on all 3 points (0.6 om) and nothing on the ground.
Tried to tested Rectifier. Didn't got any readings at all. Every where showing (OL).
Currently doesn't have an option to perform any tests on the running engine because no one to help.
At this point I thinking that my Rectifier went bad and damaged battery.
What do you think?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I could, but Rick from Rick's Motorsports Electric does a better job, and he made a few few videos in the subject, which I didn't plus he's a great guy

Also here is couple more that might help you out

If you have any questions, just post them.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts