Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Been having trouble with starting the bike in first gear lately, it seemed to work fine when I first got it from the dealer, however now it just seems to not want to switch on unless it's in neutral, is this something any of you have experienced?

It sometimes will start if I kick down and then back up the stand, so I'm thinking maybe it's the switch in that that turns off the bike if it's in gear not working properly? Any ideas?

Cheers,

·
Registered
190 Posts
Make sure your kick stand is up before you try. Or it won't go
+1.... This is a safety feature that was also discussed somewhere else in these forums... You wouldn't want to start riding around in 1st with your kickstand still down that may cause you to lose control as you proceed to ride and it probes the asphalt with any slight lean to the left..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
lol had that happen to me the second day of riding ....but my bike does seem to shut off whe i dont let it warm up in the mornings tho

·
Registered
630 Posts
Sometimes my bike will refuse to start in first even with the kickstand up. I usually turn the key on and off and that fixes it. Kickstand sensor can be a bit quirky.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Sometimes my bike will refuse to start in first even with the kickstand up. I usually turn the key on and off and that fixes it. Kickstand sensor can be a bit quirky.
Id have the dealer look at this it suck to get stuck on a trip just because the bike thinks your kickstand is down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys will have the dealer look at it when I take it for the break-in service, think it might just be an issue with the safety switch in the kick-stand itself as kicking it down and then back up again usually fixes it, as fishdip said above I wouldn't want this happening when out and the bike won't start because it thinks the kickstand is down.

·
Banned
613 Posts
why would you start the bike in first unless you stall it alot?

·
Banned
613 Posts
I might check your clutch switch too while your at it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts