Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
The additional drag of a sealed chain is usually insignificant unless you are in the top level of competition, and have a chain/sprocket sponsorship. 3 HP on a dyno would lead me to believe the old chain was wasted too.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea now that i think of it that chain did have some age on it.I also had a 250cr that i bought used that someone put an oring chain on it and i noticed compared to my cr 125 it was kinda hard to push around yard.put a standard chain on the 250 and it rolled around the yard like butter.There is alot more drag on oring chains than standard ones.i used to be a member on quadracer Hq and the engine builder was a firm believer in standard chains.also his dynos showed rear wheel hp gains too.2 hp was normal.Only bad thing is you have to stay on top of oiling chain and they dont last as long.but if you was looking to squeeze out a little more hp out of this bike that would be a cheep option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.