Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 ninja 300 (non abs)
28,000 miles
yosh exhaust from previous owner (no power commander)

I'm a new rider and I got this bike a few weeks ago. I seem to be having a problem that is happening every time I ride now. Super frustrated because I want to have a chance to practice on it, and that can't happen until this problem gets fixed.

Here's the issue....the bike will stall while I am hard braking and downshifting. The clutch is definitely in all the way in when this happens, and a rider with 7 years experience also confirmed that it isn't user error. The bike only stalls during hard braking. Sometimes it will start right back up, other times it struggles a bit. Kind of dangerous to ride it in traffic like that...

Here is what we have tried so far:
-put in good gas (it did have some pretty old gas in it)
-checked if there was a recall on the bike
-cleaned air filter
-oil change and filter change
-checked the ground wire
-changing battery tonight once the new one charges (the old one was original to the bike and reading between 14-18 volts....but it could be a bad voltometer?? Or is the voltage regulator or rectifyer bad?)
-We have the stock exhaust ordered, should arrive next wed.

If anyone else has had this problem or know of a solution I would love to hear it! Thanks in advance for your time.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Strange!
What happens if you run the bike stationary, and start revving the engine (say, to 6000rpm) and then let go of the throttle? Does it want to stall then?
What's the idle rpm?
Probably not going to solve the problem, but maybe run some Sea Foam Motor Treatment through it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts