Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a part number cross reference check. The Ninja 250R and the Ninja 300 have the same brake line hoses, so now I need to look into getting a stainless steel brake line kit and up this braking capacity a little bit :)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to get a smoked brake line so it looks black but you can still see the stainless though the shield.. And then get red fittings.. Just a little splash of color.

Now I just need to research brands and see what quality and whats not and how even makes kits for the 250R..

Guess I need to hop onto that forum and find out..

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I may just order the front line for now.. I read some 250R reviews and the front line makes a big difference but the rear is pretty much unnoticeable and more for the "bling" factor..

·
Registered
554 Posts
One thing I've learnt from years of tracking my car with stainless steel brake lines.

#1 get good quality brake lines. dont cheap out. your life is on the line
#2 if you are any bit concerned stick with OEM
#3 replace the brake lines every year
#4 read this thread
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Brake_Lines#Should_I_Install_Stainless_Steel_Brake_Lines.3F

I personally have seen a few sets of brake lines fail and in two instances those cars went off track and became total losses.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Most all of the concerns raised on that page can be solved by following your point #1. Even then, the kinds of pressures provided by the master cylinders on motorcycle are nowhere near their car counterparts, so "blowouts" or other mechanical failures should be incredibly rare on motorcycles.

·
Registered
554 Posts
^ for that reason alone I don't get braided lines. The pressures aren't big enough to feel a substantial difference. The stock brake lines don't expand as much as say a race car.

I'm a fan of Goodridge lines.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ for that reason alone I don't get braided lines. The pressures aren't big enough to feel a substantial difference. The stock brake lines don't expand as much as say a race car.

I'm a fan of Goodridge lines.
Have you ever tried them on a bike? The made a HUGE difference!! I had to re-learn how to brake! After installing them I was locking the rear wheel and wanting to do stoppies during hard breaking.. It had a HUGE difference with hard braking, add in a set of quality aftermarket pads and the effects are even worse (as in better). In my experience new lines an pads made it a whole new machine!

This was on my Yamaha so YMMV

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'm going to go with brake pads first too. I want the brakes to be modular to my taste. Sometimes with an aggressive brake compound that has high bite with stainless lines the brakes become too sensitive.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.