Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yup, my local mc shop is going to put a front speigler ss line on my bike with ebc pads some time next week hopefully. I just put down a deposit yesterday. Black line, black fittings. Black aeeything

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
952 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
Yup, my local mc shop is going to put a front speigler ss line on my bike with ebc pads some time next week hopefully. I just put down a deposit yesterday. Black line, black fittings. Black aeeything

its super easy just have a torque wrench handy

·
Registered
368 Posts
I changed my brake line for the front last week for the first time. It wasn't too bad, just a bit messy. The hardess part is probably brake bleeding, once you get a hang of it, it's easy. If you're changing the pads. Make sure you clean off the pressure pistons really good before you push it back in. You don't want brake dusts in your fluids.

Reactions: San.Diego_CA_Ninja

·
Registered
958 Posts
looking for different parts to upgrade the bike, and came across these...

http://www.motostarz.ca/filter-by-bike/kawasaki/2013-ninja-300/spiegler-stainless-steel-front-rear-brake-lines-kit-for-2013-kawasaki-ninja-300.html

I think I am going to order the Green lines with Red accents for my SE. :D

This link is for Both front and rear lines. You can order just one if you like.
I've contacted Spiegler, and they don't make a kit for the SE ABS model, the lines are different than the non ABS model. You have to measure your lines and order custom lines through their website. http://www.spieglerusa.com/brakes/custom-brake-lines.html I'm going to have my mechanic do this for me soon :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Do they not ship to the US? I tried to order a set and they seem to only have canada as an option...?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are there benefits to replacing the stock brake lines with these, steal braided ones? I heard the brakes on the Ninja 300 are one of the (few) negatives about the bike... so will this help?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Are there benefits to replacing the stock brake lines with these, steal braided ones? I heard the brakes on the Ninja 300 are one of the (few) negatives about the bike... so will this help?
Steel braided lines may help slightly with braking feel since they should not expand as much as the lines that came on the bike.

·
Registered
952 Posts
What I understand is that the stock rubber lines loose their stiffness over time. The ss lines help to eliminate brake fade. I think stintered brake pads is where you'll notice a difference. Of course a bigger caliper and rotor will make the most difference.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Do they not ship to the US? I tried to order a set and they seem to only have canada as an option...?
I ordered my slip-on and F.E. kit from them, free shipping too :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
and cheaper! thanks!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the braided lines on the bike.I want to do this as my next mod but I'd like to see the finished result/look.is there a noticable difference?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have Spieglers on my CBR and the red banjo bolts have faded to a soft pink. The lines still work fine but the amount the anodized parts have faded is disappointing.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the braided lines on the bike.I want to do this as my next mod but I'd like to see the finished result/look.is there a noticable difference?
I highly doubt you would be able to notice any difference. I don't think the 300's brakes put enough pressure in the lines to make the OEM ones swell to the point of noticing anything.

·
Registered
157 Posts
i put a braided line on the front of mine. was getting brake fade at the bottom of mountains..

braided lines and some proper dot 4 fluid ( not the crappy factory stuff..)

made a huge difference. all force applied to lever is applied at the caliper..

better brake feel less fade and i could do stoppies! still with standard brake disc/pads/master cyl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts