Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every day I ride my 300 to work and I look down and see that silver triple tree nut and HATE it. Silver does not belong there, everything is black! On eBay I found the SSR triple tree nut and they offered a black one. So I bought it.. I think it was $30 after shipping.. Install was easy, I dont have large metric sockets, but a 7/8" socket fits the stock bolt perfectly. And then for the install of the SSR bolt I wrapped it in a rag and then used a 1-1/4" socket and was able to get it plenty light with zero slipping or damage to the bolts finish.

http://www.slingshotracing.net/cata...250r-steering-stem-triple-nut-bolt-p-301.html

For $30 I think its a great little mod just to make the bike look a little bit better..

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where is the trouble in that, it took all of a minute to install...

In all in the addiction and passion that you have towards what you own.. Personally I cant leave anything alone, I personalize everything and want to tweak it until it exactly what I want, not what manufacture believes I want.

· Registered
108 Posts
Hey, I can understand that. It really does look good, anyway. I haven't received mine yet so I don't know what the old one looks like. I'm looking forward to being able to do some small mods myself :). Eliminate that fender :D.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a generic stock pic I found online. Everything is black and then there is the annoying huge silver bolt, it really bugged me.. Even on the 250R they stuck a black bolt on there.. So not sure why they choose silver on the 300.. That being said I could of bought a 250R bolt but I dont know what they cost and I picked the SSR bolt because it was different. And for those looking for weight savings its about half the weight of the stock bolt haha :)

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
It match the black anodized levers and bar ends :)

I know its not for everyone though, actually not for most people I should say hahaha.. Stuff like this is really marketed towards the hardcore mod'ers, and the racers to I guess when you are looking at dropping all the weight possible.. Not that grams matter but when you drops a couple grams here and there it eventually adds up to pounds..

· Registered
108 Posts
Here is a generic stock pic I found online. Everything is black and then there is the annoying huge silver bolt, it really bugged me.. Even on the 250R they stuck a black bolt on there.. So not sure why they choose silver on the 300.. That being said I could of bought a 250R bolt but I dont know what they cost and I picked the SSR bolt because it was different. And for those looking for weight savings its about half the weight of the stock bolt haha :)

You're right, that does look out of place. Now that you've gone and brought attention to it, it's going to bother me :p. Would a 08-12 ninja bolt fit?

Kawi Girl could appreciate those savings at least, so I hope she sees this.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the 08-12 Ninja bolt would be the same. Its a smooth flat black though, and it wont match the triple tree either.

I just looked up the cost online of the black 250R bolt and its about $18 from my local dealer..

$12 more and it doesnt look stock, its worth it to a mod'er like myself :)

· Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought about getting red because I am getting red adjusters on my aftermarket levers..

Be sure to post up pics of the red one, I might change my mind and order another one haha :)

· Registered
50 Posts
Mine's on the way :D So excited to put it on. So for the install, all you had to do was remove the nut with a wrench and screw on the new one? Did you have to have the bike on a lift or anything?

· Registered
478 Posts
Mine's on the way :D So excited to put it on. So for the install, all you had to do was remove the nut with a wrench and screw on the new one? Did you have to have the bike on a lift or anything?
you dont have to lift it really, when i put my i had the bike on a rear stand. take the nut out and put the ssr one with 30 foot/pound of torque per oem specs, also try and put like a napkin or something between the ssr nut and the socket so you dont scratch it turning it
hope that helps

· Registered
54 Posts
I got the bronze Yoshimura bolt. Love it. Its machined aluminum. I think it looks good. I like little accents here and there that stand out. I'm trying to hold back on adding a TON of accents, such as the machined aluminum frame caps, oil cap, rear sets, clip ons. Don't want to spend too much money as I may be upgrading to bigger bike in the somewhat near future.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.