Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seen these pop up on eBay early this week.. Has some money in my eBay points account so why not, you all know me and my mods..

Personally I would not of paid $55 total for them, only becacause I wanted black, and it wont look much different than stock, but total cost to me was less the $15 after my eBay points :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230909590029

These are the manufactures pics, I didnt take my own as my bike is torn to bits at the moment:

Now I got the black ones like shown above.. I think its a nice little mod, just for a little different look.. There is alot of machine work to these little things so the $55 price tag is worth it for what your getting, but unless you want to pay $55 for a color, it would not be worth it.. I personally thing the price should be in the $30-$35 range only becuase the item itself is so small, but that is just me..

·
Registered
839 Posts
I purchase off of eBay all time time, what is this point thing your speaking of?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You get points for how much you spend on eBay.. Every 3 months I get a gift certificate for a percentage of what I have bought on eBay.. This time my cert was for a little over $40..

I tried to google to find a link about it and I didnt find anything.. Maybe there is some technical term name..

Edit.. Guess its called "eBay Bucks"
http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

·
Registered
839 Posts
Wow...thanks. Wish I would have known about that a LONG time ago :eek:
I have literally spend 1000s on ebay...it's my go to for most anything.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They send me an email every 3 months my my gift cert. Surprised you have never seen it :eek:

Occasionally they have promos and you can make massive percentages on stuff, I ALWAYS take advantage of those :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
I like them not sure if I am willing to get them would have to match all the bolts if i did.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
I almost just left mine off after I pulled the shock. I don't even notice them either way.

Nothing wrong with treating yourself to some bits. ;)

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am doing all the performance stuff to so its all good :D

I just wanna look good as I pass people haha

Pod filter is on its way then performance is SET.. Then all that's left is more farkles and suspension tuning :D

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have not pulled it yet.. Area-P said best to wait for their map.. I may just pull it and install it anyway.. Since i got the tuner, its not going to kill the bike by being to lean.. If anything it to probably put it back to stock condition??

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
If that. Adjust it richer on the 3 screws and test it. I have actually used extrra foam filters to snuff a pod type to tune jetting so worst case, you wrap it with something to restrict it again. Oiled foam, a T shirt, a stripper's glitter shirt? Whatever.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gotcha... Fun stuff... I was waiting for my SSR block off plate to come in the mail, so I never put my fairings on, then ordered retrofit projectors, so waiting on those now.. So might as well do the pod while its torn down..

I have just been riding around naked.. The bike not me :eek:

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Gotcha... Fun stuff... I was waiting for my SSR block off plate to come in the mail, so I never put my fairings on, then ordered retrofit projectors, so waiting on those now.. So might as well do the pod while its torn down..

I have just been riding around naked.. The bike not me :eek:

I think mine will be a naked bike at some point for good.

·
Registered
865 Posts
HAHA Mr. Oil cap mod nobody will notice!!!?!?!??!

If i was not in your shoes with the points I prob would of never gotten this haha

but then again... I did buy yoshi bar ends... which dont really do anything else but improve the looks... ;D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Ok stupid question time...
I got the SSR frame plugs and they come in 2 different sizes. I put the longer plugs with the O-rings in the upper frame hole (they won't fit in the bottom because they hit the bolt). So then I try to install the lower plugs and they are too small and don't get tight. Anyone else have this problem? No instructions included, but it should be a 2 second job. On the outside of the bubble package it has a sticker that says FP250R. I'm thinking that I ordered the 300 plugs and got the ninja 250 plugs by mistake?? Does anyone know if they are the same size for the 250 and 300?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yup you got the same ones as I did. They do fit. Mine also said 250 but will fit our bikes. The one with the rubber o ring goes on top and the other one on bottom. I did have trouble with the bottom though. You need to tighten the bolt while holding it in your hand untill the spreader spacer gets pushed out almost to the size ofnthe frame hole. Then you need use a inch pound impact gun to tighten it up. Doing it by hand while its in the frame will just keep spinning. If you need more info I can make a quick video just let me know.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts