Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed that my bike has been squeaking lately! I cant stand it any longer. I heard it the first time this week and dont know what the problem is.

I was thinking maybe it was the chain that needs to be lubed again but im not entirely sure that is it. I thought it was the brakes, but I sat on the bike in the garage with it off and rolled it around and found the squeaking spot a few times. So maybe it is the wheel bearings? I think the sound is coming from the rear but its very hard to tell since i cant get close to it. Is there any way to oil or lube something like that?

Keep in mind that I am completely new to bikes and have no idea about most of this stuff. Any help would be awesome, I really appreciate it guys!

I think tomorrow I am going to clean the chain and lube it again because i am almost at my 600mi lube. My bike is at about 1870 miles.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ive noticed that my bike has been squeaking lately! I cant stand it any longer. I heard it the first time this week and dont know what the problem is.

I was thinking maybe it was the chain that needs to be lubed again but im not entirely sure that is it. I thought it was the brakes, but I sat on the bike in the garage with it off and rolled it around and found the squeaking spot a few times. So maybe it is the wheel bearings? I think the sound is coming from the rear but its very hard to tell since i cant get close to it. Is there any way to oil or lube something like that?

Keep in mind that I am completely new to bikes and have no idea about most of this stuff. Any help would be awesome, I really appreciate it guys!

I think tomorrow I am going to clean the chain and lube it again because i am almost at my 600mi lube. My bike is at about 1870 miles.
Did you figure out what it was? I'm starting to hear a sqeaking sound aswell :S

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's the squirrels complaining, you're running them too damn hard.

·
Premium Member
12,370 Posts
honestly it could be a 1000 different things. is there anyone who can help you narrow it down? maybe you can push it round and the other person can circle the bike & narrow it down a bit

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its probably the rear shock. I sprayed all my joints and its silent now. Prior to this it was un bearable as well.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's the hamster that runs the 296cc motor. You forgot to feed it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts