Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bike is now back on the road for another season. I have done the mechanical work necessary for another great season.
I still need to clean the bike. Can I just use car wash soap, a bucket of water and sponge?

·
Registered
914 Posts
Sure, why not. Detailing (the posh word for cleaning) a vehicle can be as simple or complex as you want. Here's how I do a routine cleaning.

·
Registered
386 Posts
^^ Awesome @Gables_Ninja with a tutorial for everything!

You could set up your own wiki, as the old 250 wiki. That website was very helpful. It actually still is for those who ride the 250. It has every detail covered.

Cleaning the bike is different from cleaning a car. You have less body work to clean a more visible mechanical parts that look nice when cleaned.

In the end, lube the chain and wipe the dirt off the fork tubes so it doesn't get inside the forks seals.
And in the very end, check the tires pressure and fluids level, oil, coolant, brake fluids.

·
Registered
914 Posts
wow. That rim protector. what did you laser cut it? it's so symmetric.
Haha. Nahh, I think that was just a box cutter, a ruler and the first properly sized circular thing I saw laying around the garage floor. It's just one of those really thick Costco boxes. I've used regular shipping box cardboard in the past but it doesn't work as well since it isn't as rigid. Though I was skeptic at the beginning, a rim protector really does make the job a lot easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts