Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tempting to order this one, paint the hugger and leave the cover black... wanted to share since I have been searching for these forever and finally found one I do actually like, 200 bucks is pretty steep though for black only

Attachments

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
they also have this available:

ANYONE know if the radiator covers work from the 08-12 250r bike?
They arent radiator covers, they are what Sportisi call an "undercover exhaust", which fills the gap in front of your headers, below the radiator. Something like 30 bucks from memory when quoted last year.

Sportisi told me no the old 250 ones wouldnt fit, as there are differences between the old 2008-2012 Ninja 250, compared to the new Thai model Ninja 250 (aka our 300). But they certainly look as if they would. As long as you get the cover for the new model of 250 they have in Thailand, you will be sweet. If in doubt, ask first. They are pretty good with responses. Also Sportisi US site, he is very good with responses but doesnt seem to know as much about details of the actual products compared to Sportisi Thailand.

We did have a thread on all this stuff, but it was last year sometime and cant be assed looking through pages to find it all.

Be aware though that the rear hugger/swingarm cover does not have a chainguard fitted and when I asked they did say there is one available with a chainguard, but would not fit the new 250/300, only older versions. Now this I would assume to have a lot to do with bolt up positions, can easily be changed but 200 bucks is a lot of money to pay only to find out it doesnt fit or work. Of course if you dont want a chainguard..............go for it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the cover I posted is for the 300, i was looking at the 08-12 radiator covers, I have not seen the one for the 300 yet, I know the other cover protects in front of the exhaust and you can get a 'set' for the 250r's that have both pieces, am more interested if the radiator bolts are in the same spot, have seen two radiator covers (they are monster energy stainless) and one has three bolts, the other has 4 and visually looks like a fit but was just curious if anyone knew for sure

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
on the chain I dont ride with a passenger, have the cowl and rear seat is stowed in the attic, I dont think the chain guard matters to me, always have my gear tucked in so dont think anything would ever get caught in it but that extra safety cover is a benefit...

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
the cover I posted is for the 300, i was looking at the 08-12 radiator covers, I have not seen the one for the 300 yet, I know the other cover protects in front of the exhaust and you can get a 'set' for the 250r's that have both pieces, am more interested if the radiator bolts are in the same spot, have seen two radiator covers (they are monster energy stainless) and one has three bolts, the other has 4 and visually looks like a fit but was just curious if anyone knew for sure
Ok no worries I got a bit confused as you posted the pic and the question will the radiator covers fit in the same post, conflicting info.

Yes that undercover is for the new 250 and 300 Ninja. I have never seen the set with the two pieces together, if you find those post em up for sure. A few people now have the radiator covers, another moderator "cruizin" recently just put his on, take a look at the video in this thread to compare:

http://www.kawasakininja300.com/forum/9-ninja-300-parts-accessories/4110-radiator-protectors.html#post68822

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
on the chain I dont ride with a passenger, have the cowl and rear seat is stowed in the attic, I dont think the chain guard matters to me, always have my gear tucked in so dont think anything would ever get caught in it but that extra safety cover is a benefit...
Dont forget that guard also protects you from shit being flung up whilst you ride, including the lube from the chain. Which could get your bike pretty messy if your liberal with your lube.

Otherwise all good!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the vid, the one I am looking at looks like three of the four tabs will line up which should be more than enough to secure it to the radiator

on the kits with the two pieces together, they were overseas and to ship them it would cost more than the part, been waiting to see some here in the states

Attachments

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
What are some of the other huggers worth? This one incorporates a cover that makes your swingarm look beefier too so that may be the reason for the added cost.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Would it be possible to cut the chain guard off the stock hugger to use in conjunction with this? Or would that look awful?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I thought about doing this myself and I had someone else mention the same thing. The only drama is you wouldnt know if it would work until you had the hugger and chain guard in your hands. I assume it would be possible, maybe a few new holes and a couple screws would do the trick.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
definitely dont want to put any holes in it to mount a chain guard.... thing cost almost as much as the bike does ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts