Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got caught doing 78 in a 60 zone. The officer was a pretty decent bloke and reduced it to 10km and over which is only a $100 fine and 1 demerit point. Does anyone know if learner riders are subject to the rule where any speeding offence and your suspended? I have my full drivers license does anyone know if i do lose my lisence if ill lose that too

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
813 Posts
Under the scheme, a learner licence will be suspended, or a licence application or renewal refused, for a period of three months if four (4) or more demerit points are incurred within a three-year period

Should be good lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
not on Ls if your on Ps you would of lost you bike license only but once your on full bike it will effect you car license

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah found out today I will lose my lisence. I suppose it is a valuable lesson. But on the plus side I have 3 weeks to pay before I get a reminder then another 3 weeks for that and then once I pay I get anothe 3 weeks of riding before it gets suspended. So essentially I have 9 weeks left of riding

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Yeah found out today I will lose my lisence. I suppose it is a valuable lesson. But on the plus side I have 3 weeks to pay before I get a reminder then another 3 weeks for that and then once I pay I get anothe 3 weeks of riding before it gets suspended. So essentially I have 9 weeks left of riding

As far as I knew if you do anything wrong on your learners they can cancel it and not let you re-apply for a certain amount of time. That may be only in WA though, we are a fucken nanny state thats for sure.

Good lesson then, as others have mentioned to slow down a bit. Especially after you posted that you hit like 170k's +...........and on your learners too which is pretty silly. These were the reasons for the "against" arguments with the LAMS, that there is nobody riding with the learners to stop them and say hang on a minute mate, you are being a bit of a dick why dont you slow down. No offence.

A little loss of licence gives good time for reflection on past doings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey shifty
How did you find out, that you had actually lost your license? ..I'm pretty sure I just lost mine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
a little trick that use to work years ago but not sure if it still does.
If the fines $200 send them a cheque for $205 because you over paid they send you a cheque back for $5 but you don't bank that cheque and they cant finalize the fine until you do. and you don't loose points till the fine is finalized

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's genius!
allthough. ...I could always not speed in the first place. :/

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 34 Posts