Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm 19 years old and I am finally getting my first motorcycle. I'm completing my motorcycle training course on the 15th then heading over to the dealership for quotes on the 300 ninja - SE green without ABS.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and will hopefully see some of you on the road. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm 19 years old and I am finally getting my first motorcycle. I'm completing my motorcycle training course on the 15th then heading over to the dealership for quotes on the 300 ninja - SE green without ABS.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and will hopefully see some of you on the road. :)
Welcome to the 300 club from California!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Get a insurance quote before you buy anything. You may be in for a surprise.
And welcome. :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Get a insurance quote before you buy anything. You may be in for a surprise.
And welcome. :D
Agreed, it's not the bike it self that's going to be a big deal for the insurance but the broker you contact. I don't think your first bike is going to affect the premiums any, like getting a used Ninja 250 probably isn't going to be much cheaper than a brand new 300. But probably not a bad idea to check other bikes if you're not bent on ABS.

I'm with TD but I have a group discount with my employer. It was about the same price as Riders Plus but for a few bucks more I was also able to drop value depreciation so I get the full price of the bike rather than an adjusted value and the deductibles were either $500 or 0 rather than all $1000.

A friend of mine was dumb, he didn't shop around and just went with the guys who will insure anyone, but for a price. His first year was rape but the second year they gave him matches Riders Plus.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Agreed, it's not the bike it self that's going to be a big deal for the insurance but the broker you contact. I don't think your first bike is going to affect the premiums any, like getting a used Ninja 250 probably isn't going to be much cheaper than a brand new 300. But probably not a bad idea to check other bikes if you're not bent on ABS.

I'm with TD but I have a group discount with my employer. It was about the same price as Riders Plus but for a few bucks more I was also able to drop value depreciation so I get the full price of the bike rather than an adjusted value and the deductibles were either $500 or 0 rather than all $1000.

A friend of mine was dumb, he didn't shop around and just went with the guys who will insure anyone, but for a price. His first year was rape but the second year they gave him matches Riders Plus.
I did shopping around. I was first offered 4,500 per year for full coverage with training course discount (ridiculous) , then 1,500 as a secondary rider. - I was shocked when they offered that.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I did shopping around. I was first offered 4,500 per year for full coverage with training course discount (ridiculous) , then 1,500 as a secondary rider. - I was shocked when they offered that.
I assume you have someone in your family that already ride?
If so I'm jealous. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts