Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Ohio rider here

Had an 08 ninja 250 couple years ago. sold it.

Been refitting my gsxr 600 back to stock ( was a friends stunt) but ditching that project.

I was at iron pony yesterday and saw the 13 ninja 300 in white.

Calling around places and hopefully getting my hands on one around the 21st.

Pony quoted me 5250ish with tax and reg. But I might be getting it titled in VA. If so, looking around 4950. A S K is calling me back here shortly to see if they can beat it.

4800 at A S K

Anyone from Virginia here? How much can i expect to pay in tax and reg?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Costs above bike's price (taxes, etc.)

Anyone from Virginia here? How much can i expect to pay in tax and reg?[/QUOTE]
The rate for a new bike is 3% - don't let them tax you on the documentation fee. I just bought a 2012 Ninja 650 new, both bikes no "shipping" fee, dealers here in Va. charge as little as $300 to $700 to have the bike shipped to themselves, then pass that cost on to the consumer. This is total BS, when the dealer gets 10 or so crates, the motorcycle manufacturer/distributor pays the freight to the dealership. My 300 I bought in W. Va., the 650 in Maryland, all I paid at the DMV was 3% of the bike's cost, not including fees. Registered my 300 for $134.85 at DMV. You are going to love the 300. It is very refined, as it should be, this I know after owning dozens of Yamahas, Suzukis, a few BMW boxers, etc.

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Noice. Both dealers here in ohio have it them in stock. 4850 is my OTD lowest so far.
so at 3% = 145.5
+ im assuming 134.85 for reg as well?

might just reg in ohio.. anyone from ohio here? lol

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rate for a new bike is 3% - don't let them tax you on the documentation fee. I just bought a 2012 Ninja 650 new, both bikes no "shipping" fee, dealers here in Va. charge as little as $300 to $700 to have the bike shipped to themselves, then pass that cost on to the consumer. This is total BS, when the dealer gets 10 or so crates, the motorcycle manufacturer/distributor pays the freight to the dealership. My 300 I bought in W. Va., the 650 in Maryland, all I paid at the DMV was 3% of the bike's cost, not including fees. Registered my 300 for $134.85 at DMV. You are going to love the 300. It is very refined, as it should be, this I know after owning dozens of Yamahas, Suzukis, a few BMW boxers, etc.
Hm this states 28.75 for motorcycles? Am I missing something?
http://dmvnow.com/webdoc/pdf/dmv201.pdf

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
put my credit app today. werd

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going in tomorrow to finish paperwork! Probably getting a lot sooner than the 21st as I got my whole tax return today! Im excited. I'm going to have to left over funds and definitely want to do a slip on. Split between the Leo Vince and the MGP growler

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonna be too cold for week or so to ride still. Wanna get some mods done.

Wheel tape
Smoked windscreen
hid kit
yoshi fend elim
mgp growler or leo vince slip on
shorty clutch level depending how the stock feels

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Cold Smold. Get out there! Unless it's snowing / raining / icy, just deal with it! Lol.

I'm from VA, I paid too much for my bike because I was foolish and too antsy.

I have the Leo Vince slip on and love it.

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
All but one dealer in co put's dealer handling 125.00 shiping 250.00 and seting up the bike 75.00 making a bike 5578.00 Its funny you tell them hey the one in Loveland co don't charge any of that just msrp + tax and they will drop all of that extra charges. out the door in co its 4850.00. And you are not a motorcycle rider in less you are out in the snow .

·
Registered
167 Posts
The "missing" linkette / playin' tag

Hm this states 28.75 for motorcycles? Am I missing something?
http://dmvnow.com/webdoc/pdf/dmv201.pdf
$28.75 is the registration fee which covers the cost of the tag and the 8 1/2" x 14" piece of paper with the numbers, expiration date, etc. If you have a tag (from another bike) and transfer it, the fee is $2.00. That's what I did, so I "saved" $26.75. The tag I transfered runs-out 3/31/13, so I'll owe the amount of $28.75 for another year / either way the good old DMV gets its money, now or a few months from now unless you sell your bike and just quit riding.

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5133.50 Final Price.
Doc fees, title fee, temp tags. Have to register in VA now

Picking it up tuesday. gonna be damn cold though 42 degrees

1 - 14 of 14 Posts