Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm getting a ninja 300 ABS SE (moondust) in 1-2 weeks.

Here is my problem, because i'm 16 and in Alberta, Canada you can ride at 16 with a person following you in a car or another bike for 2 years. My father has a 1995 Harley that he babies, so we thought that would be cool. (I guess having a job paid for this :) ) My mother (lives with Step-father) is scared beyond what I thought, i've raced my KX65 and KX85 for many years, she wasn't scared of that.....Is there anyway i can claim her down before i get this in the next week or so.

Also, if their are any Albertans around here, can 2 Class-6 GDL riders be with one normal Class-6 rider?

Any first tips would be awesome too. Thanks!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hey guys, I'm getting a ninja 300 ABS SE (moondust) in 1-2 weeks.

Here is my problem, because i'm 16 and in Alberta, Canada you can ride at 16 with a person following you in a car or another bike for 2 years. My father has a 1995 Harley that he babies, so we thought that would be cool. (I guess having a job paid for this :) ) My mother (lives with Step-father) is scared beyond what I thought, i've raced my KX65 and KX85 for many years, she wasn't scared of that.....Is there anyway i can claim her down before i get this in the next week or so.

Also, if their are any Albertans around here, can 2 Class-6 GDL riders be with one normal Class-6 rider?

Any first tips would be awesome too. Thanks!
Welcome! Getting quality, full coverage gear, telling her you are serious about ATGATT, and taking the MSF course should make her feel better.

Also explain that by choosing a bike with ABS, you know that street riding is dangerous and that you are giving yourself as much reaction time as possible for emergency braking.

You'll love the 300!

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
welcome to the forum.
i unfortunately have no advise for you to pass along to your mum.she is clearly worried about you as she loves you & knows the risks of riding motorcycles on the road, i think we are all aware of the risks.
tips for new riders, mate i have plenty of those, have a look in my signature below

1 - 3 of 3 Posts