Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm hoping someone can help. Today my new girlfriends x tampered with my bike. I'm on a 17 ninja 300 abs winter test edition.

There are 2 tubes on the side of the fuel tank. One of them was letting all the gas out when I tried to put gas in. But I don't see where it should be connected to. It's the tube on the left hand side which is from the side of the fuel tank and runs down near the gear shifter but it's left open there and let's the gas run right out. Nothing is cut or damaged, probably cause he wanted to steal it, so I need to know where is this line supposed to be connected, is anything missing?

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
The tube that goes down on the left side of the bike is the tank overflow drain. It shouldn't be connected to anything.
It should let the excess of gas off the bike if the tank is overfilled. It shouldn't let any gas out if the tank is filled properly, which is up to the neck.

How much gas do you have in the tank?
Is it letting go out all the gas?
Was the bike dropped?
Did you remove the left side fairing to see if there are broken parts?
Isn't there any hole in the tank?

The second hose should be a tank venting. I think the venting hose comes only in Californian models, and it should connect to the emissions control canister, also on the left side of the bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I did remove the fairings nothing appears to be wrong. The tank was empty and when I began filling it with a gas can everything emptied out. Perhaps it's because the gas can doesn't have a nozzle that reaches in like a pump? My girlfriend said she found it on its side one morning(I wasn't there), another move from this lame I imagine,but nothing major ever.

·
Super Moderator
806 Posts
Sometimes it's tricky to see where the gas is coming from.
Even if those hoses were disconnected, the gas shouldn't come out of the tank unless the tank has a hole or there is a problem with the gas pump.
Clean up all the spilled gas and try again.
Make sure the gas is really pouring into the tank and not spilling out. Use another container if you don't trust that gas can without a nozzle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to know we were just stoned and nothing is actually wrong with it. Made me freak out cause it was found on its side, I know they were tampering with it. But Happy to be wrong. Thanks for the wisdom. It was just the gas can with no nozzle spilling over. And we removed fairings for this. New rider what do you expect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts