Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So someone backed into my bike and did some nasty damage to my left side all over called cops and they cant do a police report on private property.... so off to calling this womens insurance company just great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the women who lives accross from my mother n law lol she backed into her driveway and splat

·
Registered
221 Posts
**** that sucks. Just make sure they repair it right.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have no idea I about cried when I saw it on the ground

·
Registered
865 Posts
aww sorry to hear that bro =(

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
Wait wait. The problem here isn't that she hit your bike. Why was that woman allowed to operate a vehicle!? Next thing you know they'll want to vote and have equal pay rates! The horror!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What gets me is the freaking thing Is white and also why u having to back up 45ft anyway lol insurance is doing a investigation saying that because there is no police report that they have to speak to the women first before they can even talk about fixing it.....

·
I ♥ Borat In A Thong
981 Posts
What gets me is the freaking thing Is white and also why u having to back up 45ft anyway lol insurance is doing a investigation saying that because there is no police report that they have to speak to the women first before they can even talk about fixing it.....

Pretty much. A police report + ticket (ticket clearly not applicable in this scenario) would admit fault on her part. Without those as evidence... well... hopefully she is honest and tells the truth.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts

I had the same problem a couple years ago, but with a car.. Insurance company seems to make it a mess just to get you to drop it..

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shoot I wont drop it she told her insrance but they r still being a pain....

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a mate who stopped behind a ute at set of lights. For some reason, dude decided to reverse back a bit to the move into the turning lane. Backed into my mate's Moto Guzzi, apologized, sorry etc. When contacted by insurance company, has denied everything, nothing can now be proven, so my mate is left with paying the excess. Be careful and get witnesses etc because the world is full af a***holes. :mad:

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have a mate who stopped behind a ute at set of lights. For some reason, dude decided to reverse back a bit to the move into the turning lane. Backed into my mate's Moto Guzzi, apologized, sorry etc. When contacted by insurance company, has denied everything, nothing can now be proven, so my mate is left with paying the excess. Be careful and get witnesses etc because the world is full af a***holes. :mad:
Never leave the scene of an accident, no matter how minor, without a police report (unless it was your fault :D).

·
Registered
909 Posts
In his case he could've gotten a report. But in the ops case. Police don't deal with private property unless someone is injured.

I was rear ended by an old lady in a parking lot (in my truck). And when I phoned the cops they wouldn't come so I told them she was non compliant. They came out and made a report.

If I wasn't by myself it would have been different. Witnesses. But I don't trust anyone. Old lady coulda had Alzheimers.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hahaha yea well I called my insurance company they r going to deal with nationwide so I should get a quote to fix it by friday but ill due all the work mywelf and pocket the rest of the green :D mayve get some new lights and some other things

1 - 20 of 22 Posts