Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I got my bike, on the second day I started my first mod. I took off my front and rear reflectors. After that I ending up lowering the front and rear with parts from Roaring Toyz. Now I can put both my feet down. I also added stickers with a similar design to my helmet. I kept the same turn signals, just installed it to the body. I didn't want to spend money things I already had. I put the plate on the side where the passenger foot rest used to be. For the kick stand I just heated it up and bend the leg so the bike could stand on its own. Here's some pics, hope you guys and girls like it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops. I accidentally place it in the wrong place. Mods can you move it to the appearance and mod section if possible sorry.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Very nice! My wife will be riding the one we have coming in, and even with the fairly low seat height I am concerned she may still be stretching to get her feet planted on the ground. Can you share specifically what lowering parts you used from Roaring Toyz, and how much you lowered your bike? Also, how did this affect handling for you? For reference my wife is 5'4" with a long torso and shorter legs, and she only weighs about 110lbs, if this helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Moved at your request :)

How hard was it to bend the kickstand?
Not hard at all with a flam torch lol. I heated up and then got a hammer and bang it a few times until it bend it the way I wanted. Then I put water harden it back.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice! My wife will be riding the one we have coming in, and even with the fairly low seat height I am concerned she may still be stretching to get her feet planted on the ground. Can you share specifically what lowering parts you used from Roaring Toyz, and how much you lowered your bike? Also, how did this affect handling for you? For reference my wife is 5'4" with a long torso and shorter legs, and she only weighs about 110lbs, if this helps. Thanks.
I called Roaring Toyz total them I had a 300, which I order the lower links:
http://www.roaringtoyz.com/parts_lowering-links.html

For the front I also got the lowering block/ handle bar riser:
http://www.roaringtoyz.com/parts_lowering-blocks.html

I have not measured how low, but from how high my feet were to now being flat on the floor and I'm 5'5. I would say about 3-1/2" to 4" drop. But you can adjust it to be higher if you don't want it to low.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I called Roaring Toyz total them I had a 300, which I order the lower links:
http://www.roaringtoyz.com/parts_lowering-links.html

For the front I also got the lowering block/ handle bar riser:
http://www.roaringtoyz.com/parts_lowering-blocks.html

I have not measured how low, but from how high my feet were to now being flat on the floor and I'm 5'5. I would say about 3-1/2" to 4" drop. But you can adjust it to be higher if you don't want it to low.
The rear is adjustable from 0" to 2" and the front is only a 1" drop

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I am working with a company right now on an aftermarket kickstand so we shall see how it goes, I should know within a day or two if its possible, if it works then I see no reason why he cant shorten it by an inch or two to make them for the lowered guys..

·
Registered
237 Posts
Could you not reach the ground without lowering? I thought the bike was fairly low to start. The more you lower the rear, the more difficult turn in becomes.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, hopfully they come out with a kick stand I don't really like how I have mine but it works meanwhile. When I was stock I could reach with one leg down, but only half of my could reach not completely flat down. Unless I lean the bike more I could place it flat. But I wanted to be more secure on placing both legs down especially on a up hill. Which for me, I feel more confident with both legs down.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Could you not reach the ground without lowering? I thought the bike was fairly low to start. The more you lower the rear, the more difficult turn in becomes.
Lowering the bike does affect handling in a negative way but if you can't reach the ground (some people aren't fortunate in that area) lowering is much safer than not. My gf rides a lowered 600. She would not be able to reach otherwise.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1 unless your tracking it or riding hard. But in my case I only commute 18 miles everyday on the street so it's not like I'm hitting some hard corners.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Love the graphics man, definitely giving me some inspiration on how to Mod mine. I get the feeling whites are going to be everywhere and I want to make mine stand out a little

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lowering the bike does affect handling in a negative way but if you can't reach the ground (some people aren't fortunate in that area) lowering is much safer than not. My gf rides a lowered 600. She would not be able to reach otherwise.

Maybe safer for the bike. I don't think many serious accidents happen from the bike tipping over when stopped. Obviously the bike is still rideable when lowered. Look at a cruiser, its still rideable. Lowering the rear more than the front increases rake which makes the bike harder to turn. In racing, they measure geometry changes in mm because small adjustments make quite noticeable differences so dropping the rear an inch will have large effects.

I'd agree being able to flat foot is nice/important when you are first learning. After a little time, it should be easy to slide over a little and get one leg down.
Look at someone like Dani Pedrosa at the start of a race. He's 5'2" or so.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Maybe safer for the bike. I don't think many serious accidents happen from the bike tipping over when stopped. Obviously the bike is still rideable when lowered. Look at a cruiser, its still rideable. Lowering the rear more than the front increases rake which makes the bike harder to turn. In racing, they measure geometry changes in mm because small adjustments make quite noticeable differences so dropping the rear an inch will have large effects.

I'd agree being able to flat foot is nice/important when you are first learning. After a little time, it should be easy to slide over a little and get one leg down.
Look at someone like Dani Pedrosa at the start of a race. He's 5'2" or so.
racing is different. in everyday riding the rider needs to put his/her foot down often. My girlfriend is just over 5' and for her to flat foot on her bike she needs to lean over a decent amount. almost looks like she is falling over.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.