Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I live in the dorms at my university, its pretty hard to maintain a car, so I brought a 300 since it was fun and sporty.

So last week on Saturday, we were having a dorm party and as all dorm parties go, I got wasted.

So one of my sober friends though it might be a good idea to knick my keys and go for a joy ride.

The next morning I wake up to find this:

My insurer decided to write off the bike (with a hefty premium) and auction it off, but I really want to fix it up, but have no idea parts to order.
I don't particularly care about the side fairing damage, but the pillion and front damage might be problematic
Can someone help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply
I just don't know what these two are called, so I don't know what to search for.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As much as I wanted to, I didn't feel like I could, but either way his sitting in hospital with a cracked skull. Serves him right.

·
Registered
165 Posts
"Friend" "knicks" keys. Does that mean he took your keys without your permission?
If so he stole your bike.
"Friend" then proceeds to wreck your bike, when he did not have permission to ride it in the first place?

My Australian may be somewhat lacking, but my English is fairly decent.

Same friend replaces my bike with another, without my insurance getting involved in any way, or that same "Friend" would be facing felony theft and then your insurance company would replace your bike, or at least they should if this occured in the USA.

regards
Mech

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL now I don't know who's more of an a$$hole. You didn't even mention your friend got hurt. All you cared about was the bike!

But seriously though, I think he still owes you. I wish you luck getting it pieced back together too.
Sif mate, I care enough not to press charges on the dumbarse. His already paying for his idiocy 10fold more, probably will think twice before going near a bike again.

And to be honest (not to be a douche bag) but I actually cried when I saw my bike injured. Still brings a tear to the eye.

But yeah, in all seriousness, anyone know of any good Kawasaki OEM part resellers in Australia? I decided to replace the pillion with a cowl, fibre glass the front and replace the entire rear side cover set. Couldn't careless about the fairings, as it probably wont effect getting engineering cert for the bike.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
True friends don't steal each other's rides whether two or four wheeled. Ask ANY other rider if they'd even think of touching another person's scoot without permission and you'd get a unanimous no.

I don't even go to a bike store and sit on one without permission from an employee

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
630 Posts
You must be a pretty damn nice guy. I wouldn't let the fact that the person got injured stopped me. If I would have to pay out of my own pocket for his stupidity, you bet I'd be getting compensation. I wonder what this will do to your insurance rates.

·
Registered
490 Posts
From the looks of things he's probably got a whole bunch of roasties.I reckon he did such a good job looking after the ninja that you should borrow him some vinegar.like a 5 litre and throw it alll over him.itd good for the wounds.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Hospital stay or not, you should be making him pay for all damages as well. Turn your insurance company loose on him and let them do their jobs. If you work, you're already paying for his hospital bills via taxes. He needs to learn the financial risks to his actions as well. You could be paying for this for a few years to come via increased insurance rates that you don't need as a college student. As said before, real friends don't steal each other's stuff. The fact that he was sober and you were drunk is a pretty huge moral no-no. He waited for you to get plastered so he could take advantage and go on a joy ride on your bike because he knew that you wouldn't have let him sober and conscious. Hell it's pretty much what party rapists do. Instead of taking advantage of you and raping you, he raped your bike instead. That's not a friend and someone you should be eating the bill for.

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
Make the friend pay. If he won't, sue him. It's all fun and games until people steal your bike and total it. Not cool. Make sure he gets a loan to pay you all at once, no piecemeal stuff or monthly-payments.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you care enough about your friend not to press charges, then he should care enough about you to offer to pay the damages.. Even if you decline the offer.. Otherwise, I dunno man... I might wanna consider keeping a distance.. Just sayin.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You need to press charges or file a claim if he doesn't want to pay. His mistake, he should fix it.

I couldn't afford this if a so called friend stole my keys and wrecked my bike. Make him pay.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts