Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S&S run with the bulls jacket broke after a week. Well after 10days. I went to unzip it to chack my phone and the zipper lost a tooth, then I got home and while looking at it another tooth broke. I decided to hang it up till the S&S rep tells me if they will cove it or not. I bought my girl one like 4 months ago and its real good but mine... ugh it just died on me. I hope they will cover it as I'm real carefull with all my stuff as to not damage it anymore than its natural wear.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I got it from sportbiketrackgear.com I called and they called a sales rep. Then told me send a picture of what broke, and they'd send it to the rep with my contact info so he can tell me Monday when he gets back if he can replace or repair it. I think they will, but I've never had to do that so I'm just gonna follow their directions and hope. All in all the jacket seemed great just I got one that had a flaw that somehow slipped through. Heck it happens.

Oh ps if I seem in a better mood I am. I rode my bike around aimlessly picking roads for a lill

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hopefully it works out man I've never had to return to an online dealer.I tend to stick to cyclegear they may be a tad more expensive but their return policy is pretty amazing. However if they don't take your jacket back fixing the zipper won't really be expensive.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah this is my first time trying to return anything. I buy most my gear, stuff for bikes, even clothes and skate gear online (yes I skate also). We don't really have much to buy from here that's of quality. Heck my town is only like 20,000 people lol we don't have much of anything good. So I buy online instead of riding 40 miles to the city. I'm so picky id end up doing 20 trips just to pick gloves probably unless I just got lucky on a deal.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Rep should cover it.

I had a similar experience with my 1st S&S jacket, lost teeth on zipper.
Apparently I got told that for some reason a shipment had weak zippers, I returned it, got new one (also S&S) and have had the 2nd since november with no issues at all :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope so. I like the jacket was sad it did that though. Hope he covers it. I think he will. Did they make you pay shipping back? If so how much?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Ya, I paid shipping back and they covered the shipping from distribution center to me with new jacket once the other got there,

I think it cost me like $12 bucks to ship.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hopefully this works out for you. I have had great experiences with revzilla for future reference when buying gear. You can return the first item free shipping even if it just isnt the right size. Their customer service is top notch and the website is awesome.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a Joe Rocket Sonic jacket which has been great, but I also had a similar issue... the zippers from the two front pockets have ripped off from the leather area! I told my dealership (where I bought it with a 20% discount) and they told me to bring it in. The way they work, I can drop it off with them, and they then ship it to Joe Rocket, which then fixes the jacket and mails it back to the dealership. The lady in charge of the gear department was very knowledgeable on the whole process and did warn me that the turnaround during slow season (now) is about 4 weeks, but can balloon to 6 to 8 weeks during the heavy riding season (late spring, summer, etc). It's a bummer, because the jacket IS nice (a bit bulky, though) and it is still fairly cold up here in NJ. I am going to drop it off on Saturday and hope the weather holds up from here on. Today, I wore my summer jacket (Alpinestars T-GP Plus Air) with a wool sweater over my work shirt and it was a bit chilly riding 50 miles to a client location. I would rather not have to do that too often!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oops I forgot to update they said they will cover shipping back and just send a new one. So all is well. I will get a box from work so I will be not having to pay anything. I've used revzilla before I actually got some cashback I need to use there lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts