Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I started my bike up today and waited for it to warm up like normal. After maybe 30 seconds I put my helmet and gloves on I looked back and smoke was coming from under the fairings. I immediately shut it off. I installed shogun no cut frame sliders yesterday, but I don't know how that could have caused smoke? Any thoughts on what this might be?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Did u have to replace the bolts? It's possible that everything is oil coated.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it came with new bolts and I did have to spray the old ones with a lubricant to take them off so maybe that was burning off the engine?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Take off the fairings and. Look or burnt wires.leaks around radiator piping and so on.start it up again.look where the smoke came from.rather be safe than sorry.did you wash the bike prior to starting it up?water is one of the causes white smoke.even water on the light covers will make smoke

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took the fairings off. It's coming from right where the exhaust splits at the lower front, below the oil filter. It definitely has a smell to it. I didn't wash it but it seems to me like it would be the wd-40 burning off from where it spilled, but it was smoking for a good minute or two before I shut it off again.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Ok, is the smoke coming from the left hand side of the bike (if you're sitting on it? ) if so, I'd check where you had to take off that bracket and zip tie the cords.The sensors might be touching the engine...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's actually the right side while sitting on it, the left from where I originally saw it. But there are no wires touching it

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
It's most likely the lube burning off the headers. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
It burns for a while. I sprayed my exhaust the other day on accident. I still smell it burning after a full tank.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
630 Posts
I got oil on my headers while doing an oil change before and it smoked for a few minutes. If it looks like that I wouldn't worry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I ran it for awhile and the smoke subsided a lot so I rode it around my neighborhood for awhile and it seemed fine so I think it was just the lubricant burning off. Thanks everyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts