Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a smog block off plate on my last bike that we fully modded, but what happens if you stick on on a totally stock bike?

Base on pictures I was looking at a 250R block off plate should fit the 300..

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I love trashing junk off the bike that I dont need :)

I know what the system does, I am just looking for negative effects on say the cat converter, since I cant think of it effecting anything else..

·
Registered
865 Posts
Never even heard of this mod lol whats it for..?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the bikes to meet emission requirements, some how they get away with pumping clean air into the exhaust to reduce their emissions output.. Removing this system just take out all the parts associated with the system.

But would this increase the gasses enough to harm the catalytic converter in someway?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I assume it works the same way as the egr-valve in diesel engines.
Blocking the intake of the egr-valve increases throttle response and fuel economy.
Cleaner air = clean combustion = performance
I think a few hp can be gained if the exhaustgasses are not re-used.

·
Registered
865 Posts
hmmm interesting... I would just leave it myself... Dont want to leave anything to chance if they check emissions by some miracle..

I havent seem em stick a probe in the muffler yet to check it, but who the **** knows what I may expect in the future with the trend in being clean and green and all...

·
Registered
85 Posts
You live in a state where vehicle checks are done? I was under the impression that only happened in California. I plan on going with a full exhaust system from Area-P and I have no idea what it will do to emissions hmmm

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
no emcon regs in fl woo

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
This block off plate isn't like an induction pump they use in cages to heat the cat quicker is it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts