Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I have a 2013 ninja 300 with only 80 miles on it. I was looking at getting the Leo Vince GP Corsa Slip-On Exhaust for it but had a few questions.

1. Will it hurt my engine during my break in period in any way?

2. Will I need to re jet?

3. Will I have to re map?

Those were common questions I saw when people were talking about buying new pipes but I'm a new rider and not familiar with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated on how I should go about getting my new slip on. Comments, tips, advice, anything.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
If a slip on exhaust only, none of the above.

Although you will have a tendency with the new exhaust to rev it out a bit more, dare you to try and not to. So if you are doing a "soft" break in as per the manufacturers specs..........you may end up doing a harder break in than you had planned.

But that is only me and you may have much better self control than I do :D

·
Registered
630 Posts
1) Nope.

2) No, jetting is for carbs. Carburetors have nozzles that spray fuel into air as it goes into the engine chamber, a bit different in our fuel injected engines.

3) No, you don't have to. I get a little backfiring on my 300 w/ snorkel removed and GP Corsa slip-on. It's pretty light so it's not a big deal, I will be getting an EFI tuner when I have the money (Area P is willing to install + dyno + make a map out of it for a good price, and they're located ~20 mins from me!).

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
1) Nope.

2) No, jetting is for carbs. Carburetors have nozzles that spray fuel into air as it goes into the engine chamber, a bit different in our fuel injected engines.

3) No, you don't have to. I get a little backfiring on my 300 w/ snorkel removed and GP Corsa slip-on. It's pretty light so it's not a big deal, I will be getting an EFI tuner when I have the money (Area P is willing to install + dyno + make a map out of it for a good price, and they're located ~20 mins from me!).
Dude install that tuner yourself, easy as and you will learn so much more about your bike than getting someone else to put it in.........not that they dont know what they are doing of course but then neither will you unless you try yourself!!!!!

But if they are gonna dyno it for ya thats a plus, not that I would expect much from only a slip on.........gotta get rid of that cat to remove the restriction in the exhaust side for good gains.

Did you change the stock air filter with a high flowing unit? Cause the snorkel delete does very little, especially if you still have the stock filter.....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Dude install that tuner yourself, easy as and you will learn so much more about your bike than getting someone else to put it in.........not that they dont know what they are doing of course but then neither will you unless you try yourself!!!!!

But if they are gonna dyno it for ya thats a plus, not that I would expect much from only a slip on.........gotta get rid of that cat to remove the restriction in the exhaust side for good gains.

Did you change the stock air filter with a high flowing unit? Cause the snorkel delete does very little, especially if you still have the stock filter.....
Well for $100 they'll install it and dyno it, that's a pretty good deal. I would install it myself but I live in a condo and have no garage, I don't really want to be do this install in my parking space lol.

I have the stock filter in right now, going to order a BMC one on my next paycheck (and do an oil change). I have a friend who is a mechanic and has a welder in his garage and we talked about it, might have him strip the cat for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I talked to a customer service rep at revzilla and he told me to wait the 1000 miles for break in period before adding the slip on exhaust. :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
well he is a moron. get it whenever you want, slip ons effect absolutely nothing besides weight loss.
It's just a liability protection. Pretty much everything companies tell you about break in periods is liability protection. The Revzilla thing is a little odd, failure of...whatever, would be harder to pin on them and he's basically saying don't give me your $400.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 2013 ninja 300 with only 80 miles on it. I was looking at getting the Leo Vince GP Corsa Slip-On Exhaust for it but had a few questions.

1. Will it hurt my engine during my break in period in any way?

2. Will I need to re jet?

3. Will I have to re map?
before i rode my 300 off the showroom floor it had a +1 sprocket, k&n air cleaner & two brothers slipon

rode it like that for weeks before the power commander 5 showed up & got fitted. the PC5 makes a big difference not only to the sound of the bike but power as well, no longer sounds or runs like a 300, very nice indeed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright I just ordered it today and should have it on the bike by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it sounds! Thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ended up getting the carbon fiber one with free shipping and 5% military discount. Total ended up being only $186!!

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Good stuff mate, thats probably one of the cheapest I have heard of so far for a Ninja 300 slip on....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Good stuff mate, thats probably one of the cheapest I have heard of so far for a Ninja 300 slip on....
The Leo Vince Corsa GP in aluminum is $163. Sounds great and looks great as well (what I'm running).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Haha I ordered mine from revzilla too...196...with free shipping and ten bucks zilla cash...and I love how it sounds...sounds a helluva lot louder

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
The Leo Vince Corsa GP in aluminum is $163. Sounds great and looks great as well (what I'm running).
Yeah but really who wants the aluminium one? :eek:

Kidding, I just prefer the CF. That is a sweet price, I reckon anything under 200 bucks for any major part of your bike is awesome. Now just to get some of those rear sets under 200.........probably is already, just havent done a good search.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got the slip on today at noon! I just ordered it yesterday at 3pm and its already here! And only selected the free shipping option. Hopefully I get it on the bike in the next few days. It snowed hard tonight so I'm probably gonna wait till I can actually take the bike out for a spin. Looks good though!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could feel a little bit of exhaust coming out from where the slip on attaches to my bikes main exhaust pipe. Is this normal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
damn i was just looking at this one on revzilla as well.. you may be making me jealous enough to order it!

anyone have a picture of it on a stardust white bike?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Order it! You won't regret it. Especially since the price is just so cheap. Here's a pic I found on YouTube

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts