Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post. Loving this forum, I've learnt so much from the more experienced people on here. It's re-assuring to know the help is there if needed.

Anyways, to the bike and the story. I bought it 2 weeks ago from Sydney City Motorcycles in Kogarah. If anyone is looking at purchasing a bike from there ask for Alex. Really knows what he is talking about and won't try sell a certain bike to fill a quota but help you buy what you truly would love. The upstairs gear + accessories shop is extremely well stocked with heaps of choices and sizes always in stock and if you buy a bike from them you get 10% off all purchases which definitely adds up to the hundreds.

Been around riders for years but could never afford a bike, so now I have my apprenticeship I got a loan and bought my 300!

2013 model in Pearl Stardust White. Didn't have a license the day I bought the bike and no one with one was free to pick it up so had to get my uncle who's a Towie to bring it home. Couldn't even wait until he got there to pick it up to take off those horrid front wheel reflectors.

Had the bike for 2 days collecting dust and decided to get a crack onto making it looks all pretty and stuff so bought myself some white reflective rim tape, got my 'Royal Nasho' sticker, Phillips DiamondVision 5000K headlights, 9 LED white parkers and tank pad.

Started off with the big jobs which was the lights which meant I had to pull all of the fairings off (What a $%^& of a job. Not keen on that any time soon) and installed the new whiter and brighter lights. Hated the more amber-ish look of the stock lights so I thought plain white would be the go with a white bike. Had the idea before I bought the bike that I would to a Halo-Demon eye HID changeover with a red Demon eye and white Angel-ring but on seeing how the lights turned out like this I think I'll keep the DiamondVisions in.

Put all of that together and got myself comfy on the ground in the driveway and set out to do the rimtape. I didn't have the tape-lengths that are in strips of 4 or 6 for each side...I had a roll on a dispenser that reminded me of a Scotch Tape dispenser. Very time consumping to unroll it, peel off the back and tape it on centimetre by centimetre.

Stuck on the tank pad (Not G-Rated haha) and decided to call it a day. Today (the 30th of April) I bought myself a tin of black Plasti-Dip and a paint marker (white) and blacked out my visor and filled in the writing on the tyre. Didn't take too long and very good results.

Now all I got to do is peg delete + exhaust hanger, exhaust (when it arrives. Going for a full Yoshi system), rear cowl (Damn Kwaka and their back order list) and fender eliminator (arriving soon!!!). Then my baby is done until I powdercoat the wheels red which I'm doing when I need new tyres.

Will keep this thread as up to date as I can. I hit the 100km mark on the odometer today so it definitely needs some more road time! Hopefully shall be getting out tomorrow for a ride. :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Glad to see you are enjoing your 300 this forums been excellent for gaining knowledge it wouldn't be the same experience without it.

Get ready to rip the fairings off again with the yoshi install :D

Have you decided on a controller yet?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
Nubb that is looking awesome already, and you have only had it for what a few days? Once you pull those fairings on and off a few times, you can do it in your sleep.

Now on to the important stuff.......where did you get your Plasti-dip from? I have looked and looked and couldn't find anywhere to buy it from. Mind you I am in bumfuck nowhere Perth...........we aint got nothing here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys, cheers. Trying to keep the sleek and tidy look.

Kurt, I think I'm going to go for a Power Commander. All of my mates use it and have never had issues or anything negative to say...but I know the Area-P is very popular among the 300 crowd...so maybe the Area-P is better for a 300 than a Commander?? Who knows. More research to be done!

Jeff, I got it from Autobarn over here in Lebstown (Bankstown ;) hahaha) . If you can't get it over there I could hook you up with a can and post it over to you. If AusPost allows for Aerosol to be sent that is? If you can look up their rules on cans being sent then I'd be more than happy to pick you up a can when I'm at Autobarn next mate.

Reactions: jeff

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about on this one. Ego aside for once hahaha. What the hell does the tuner do and is it even necessary? Would the bike run without the tune? etc etc.

·
Registered
655 Posts
It will run it will just be lean jeff hooked me up with a better map so I have less backfiring going on and is smoother through the rev range. Yoshi is loud by the way even with the baffle in :eek:

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks great! Its impressive how much the white marker on the tire lettering makes it pop. Nice move.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well seeing as it's my daily driver I don't wanna spare any expense so if the tune is needed, a tune shall be done!

Mate, go for your life with the lettering. I got all of my other ideas from some other creative mind off here haha. That's what it's all about!

I'm a Chef Apprentice at a 5 star seafood restaurant in Cronulla, Sydney. Freaking hard work. Most weeks are 60 hour with some 17 hour days. Once I even had 2 shifts 17 hours each back to back with 2 hours sleep. I love it and it's rewarding! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyways, to the bike and the story. I bought it 2 weeks ago from Sydney City Motorcycles in Kogarah. If anyone is looking at purchasing a bike from there ask for Alex. Really knows what he is talking about and won't try sell a certain bike to fill a quota but help you buy what you truly would love. The upstairs gear + accessories shop is extremely well stocked with heaps of choices and sizes always in stock and if you buy a bike from them you get 10% off all purchases which definitely adds up to the hundreds.
So that was you!! :p. I am looking around to buy a white 300 and have enquired there. I keep getting told that they just sold their last white one and don't know when they will get more. Congrats on the bike but. Cant wait to pick one up myself!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hahahaha small world! Yeah mate, that was me. If you're deadset on a white one I think I could part with mine for 10K ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts