Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm trying to install some T-Rex sliders on my ABS Ninja 300 today. The instructions require that the Front Middle Engine Mounting Nut and Bolt be completely replaced, and one of the Front Upper Engine Mounting bolts be removed and replaced on each side.

I'm pretty sure the load will be fine when I replace the Front Upper Engine Mounting bolts as the weight will be evenly distributed and the loss of a single bolt is unlikely to cause an immediate problem.

But it looks like if I remove the Front Middle Engine Mounting bolt the weight of the engine might pull things out of alignment enough to make life difficult adding in the replacemet bolt.

I was planning to support the weight of the engine with a couple of jack stands but if it falls out of alignment I'll be really SOL. Has anyone had experiance removing this bolt?

·
Registered
993 Posts
You can use a car jack to hold it up or adjust it. Even one of the small scissor jack will work.

Reactions: jerros

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had to remove 2 bolts when I mounted my shogun slider, it's easier to have a jack supporting the engine, it does move a bit. I adjusted the jack so I could slide the bolt through again.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The engine moved a little bit on me, just enough that the bolt wouldn't slide in. I was able to lift the engine back into place with one hand and pushed the bolt with my other hand. I also greased my bolt.

If you're really afraid of the engine dropping, just put the new bolt in the opposite side and push out the old one with the new one.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I was able to do the swap out by using a rubber hammer to use the new bolt to push the old one out. It worked like a charm, no jack needed. Which is a good thing considering the chepo jack I purchased decided it didn't want to work after 1 use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts