Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Also Space, in Europe (at least in my home country of Ukraine), cops almost always stand on the side of the road and sometimes step into the road when doing traffic enforcement. They wand you down as a way to tell you to pull over.

thats when you pull one of these

http://youtu.be/mh0gvbaqwTw

·
Banned
79 Posts
There are two types of people, those who fight tickets and those who don't. If you don't, congratulations, life is easy but also random and expensive. When you get popped for a ticket, no matter how ridiculous or unusual or inconsistent, you pay it like another tax or you use your traffic school when you can (for relevant locations that have this). When you've used your traffic school, you get to pay higher insurance for 3 years (depending on laws in your state/country), even if it's a total B.S. ticket like going 75 on the freeway (where people go 75-80 every single day of your commuting life).

If you do fight tickets, congratulations. You will beat some but you will put forth some effort to that end. The upside is that you assert right to a fair trial and you will fear cops less, and the 'randomness' of tickets is something you will be equipped to handle. You will learn a lot. You will know how speed limits are actually set, and know how to work within the law to 'speed' in a way that's actually legal, assuming you like driving at a reasonable pace and not like a granny on Xanax. When you get that low-tolerance, B.S. ticket, you will know how to handle it. When you get a cop who's a total jerk for no reason and you want to know how to talk to him or her correctly and in a non-incriminating-way, you will know how to do this. You will not be some uninformed person trying his or case on the side of the road like an amateur. In fact, if you really know what you're doing, the cop will understand this and may be less willing to ticket you in the first place unless he/she is really sure it's a worthwhile ticket to write. One of the best things for a cop to assume is that you're a lawyer, judge or another cop, even if he/she cannot or will not ask you this question directly. The cop won't assume this if you handle traffic stops like a noob.

I am very nice to cops at a traffic stop. I don't reveal that I know what I know. I am friendly and cooperative. If the cop tries to get me to incriminate myself, I sidestep like a trained Ninja. The cop then makes a mental note that I am not some rube who will stick his foot in his mouth. Remember, the cop is a hostile witness, even though they're there to 'protect and serve'. I do like cops and I have a neighbor who is a cop, but I also know that they're paid to 'show work', and part of showing work is writing tickets. Those of you who don't fight tickets probably wouldn't know this, but this is why cops try to get you to incriminate yourself.

I spend much of my life just paying tickets, until the tickets got stupid or low-tolerance. Then, I started fighting them—and I have a very good story about the event that made me decide to fight tickets for the rest of my life. I will probably vlog that soon. ;)

I've fought 7 tickets and beat the first 6 in a row. I actually should have beat the 7th but got Kangaroo Kourted a bit, and I learned from it. I am not a lawyer, but I know how to fight tickets. This doesn't mean I speed everywhere, either. I've matured a lot in my 45 years and I save my speed for those areas where it counts (twisties, back-roads, etc.). Fighting tickets is a worthwhile effort for those so-inclined, and ironically, my knowledge keeps me driving slower where it does not pay to speed, and driving in my same spirited-fashion where enforcement is reduced. Basically, knowing how to fight tickets has slowed me down.

If you don't fight tickets, none of these tips are for you, so it's no skin off your nose. But, it's not fair to accuse anyone of lacking balls because they fight a ticket. Fighting a ticket is what takes balls, because anyone can pay a ticket. That's the easy thing to do and that's why only 10% of people fight their tickets. Can you walk into a courtroom in-session and ask the bailiff for an engineering and traffic survey for the stretch of road where you were ticketed? I've done it. Why? It's because I know it's my right and I have the intestinal-fortitude to exercise it. :D

Really, it comes down to what you value. Do you value knowledge, or engaging your rights as a civilian in the legal system? Do you value a moral victory? Do you value knowing that the cop who wrote you a ticket could be wrong, and being able to prove it? Do you value having renewed confidence when driving because you know that any time you get stopped for some silly ticket, that it won't necessarily stick if you know how to handle it? Are you tired of the seemingly-random nature of 'speeding' enforcement? Do you want to know how speed-laws and limits are really established, instead of being yet another uninformed civilian? Do you value beating a bad ticket and getting a check back from the city/state for the FULL bail amount (ticket charge)? Do you value keeping your insurance low and record clean without driving like granny stole a tractor or all the housewives around here turn more slowly than I could run around a corner?

Values differ. If you want to fight tickets, there are best-practices for this. If not, keep sweet, have your checkbook ready and hope for the best.
Thats very good advice. Pick your battles, whether its combat, traffic tickets or significant others.

How whlte men handle traffic stops:

·
Banned
79 Posts
How to beat any traffic ticket in USA, speeding, redlight, stop sign, with or without a lawyer. You will have to investigate your case and tell your lawyer what to do, they will never be taught this in law school, too many billion$ at stake:

YMMV is other locations.

Best way to beat camera tickets n parking tickets is ignore them, they lack personal service of process as required in all civil lawsuits, by a human process server who is not a party handing a copy to defendant. A municipal corporation will not pay a process server until theres perhaps 50 unpaid tickets on 1 defendant, then theres big money to be madeif they dont know how to defend themselves.

Note that "tickets" are civil cases, thus the winning side can file a Bill of Costs and get paid for legal expenses including copies of police incar videos, court reporter and attorney fees. The govt pays your lawyer when you win, but you probably must order your attorney to do that, it will infuriate the judge, prosecutor and cop lol.

I am not a licensed attorney who graduated law college, passed the bar exam, in your jurisdiction. Beware that some licensed lawyers are convicted felon drugdealers in gangs that murder 100s of people, ive been threatened against naming names. Beware that some police officers are mafia hitmen using traffic stops as pretext for hits and some cops were convicted of murder for hire. Beware cartel hitmen disguised as police officers for carjackings and murder for hire. I have attended 3L law college and worked as a paralegal investigator winning almost every type of lawsuit in every type of court including winning pro se traffic cases and murder prosecutions of government employed hitmen with up to $10B verdict for falseflag massmurder on 9/11/2001. My father is a past president of Association of Trial Lawyers of America. My cousin is a chief justice on a state supreme court who threatens to sue me when i say that. I also win parking ticket cases after a 2 year appellate battle and write 50 page winning appellate briefs. Your smartphone contains the worlds biggest law library and free law school. YMMV

Here is my lil friend who is a paralegal for 20 years, studying law can be fun fyi, her son graduated HS with full scholarship to college, her daddy was a mob hitman in fake police uniform:, remember that the next time a cop pulls you over.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts