Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
that was the first thing I did. I got the silver star ultra. it takes the h7 bulb. I put those in everything I've got

·
Super Moderator
1,075 Posts
I need to pick me up a set of those. The stock lights suck. H7 is our bulb size

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yep h7 is it . The bad parts is unless you take the plastic off it's very hard to change. I went ahead and took all the fairings off and took the headlight assembly off just so I knew how it all went.I got mine at Walmart

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im getting them.i couldn't see 5 ft in front of me the other morning.im an older guy and cant see like i used too.It looks like maybe you could change um without taking the fairings off.i hope

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
H7 SU 2 is the part number i see on package at advance.48$ .OMG.I guess im going to check out flebay

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Had the Silver Star Ultras. Swapped them for a set of Philips Ultra Crystal Visions.

I still have the old Silver Stars. They have about 3 hours of use on them. Want them? They're yours.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the Silver Star Ultras. Swapped them for a set of Philips Ultra Crystal Visions.

I still have the old Silver Stars. They have about 3 hours of use on them. Want them? They're yours.
so are the Philips Ultra Crystal Visions that much better?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Personally...yes. I noticed a dramatic difference. Whiter, wider and further beam. Better vision at night time.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Reactions: old_rider

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
asimple headlight upgrade like this is well worth it if you dont want to go the HID route.

the benefit of doing this is bulbs are cheap and plentiful

i did a HID upgrade some years ago on my K1200LTSE and OMFG!!! what a difference , mind you the stock bulb was so dull i almost had to strike a match to see if it was going or not, but WOW what a difference in light.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just installed my crystal visions. Kind of a pain in the ass if you don't take off the fairings but can be done. Theres a vid of a guy that does it on his '08 250 which i referred to. The rubber casing is a little different but pretty straight foreward

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
for the Aussies out there contemplating this, i have used "narva + 30" bulbs some years ago and they worked a treat, i see now thay have about half a dozen different types of the "plus" series
usually pick them up at supercheap auto and the likes

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i did a little more research and found these.
Diamondvision 5000K h7.anybody tried these yet?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK I got the extreme- vision ones.Installed without taking fairings off.not too hard.well I haven't had a set of HIDs but these are a lot better than stock.now the next question is how long will they last?I will be switching them once every year go try and get a little more life out of them.Does anybody know how to adjust the lights?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is it more or less like this:

I'm going to swap my bulbs either later tonight or tomorrow - it's way too hot outside right now haha.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
That is very similar. You may need to rotate the front wheel in opposite directions. This will help with accesibility.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts