Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1041 - 1051 of 1051 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well it's been quite a while since I've done any modifications to my bike, so after a somewhat daunting trip on an unlit rd at night with a failed headlight, I decided an auxiliary light was the go.. But one that I could turn off and on when needed..

To mount this light, take the panel off under the nose and use a hose clap and a couple of cable ties to secure the light onto the sub frame. Wiring was pretty simple too. Just follow existing wiring to sort out where to run them. I have a terminal block under my pillion seat which is tapped into the rear light - so no direct to battery or will it be drawing power when my bike is off.

This is an 18w 6 led bar floodlight and switch (each sold separately) from eBay .. Since its been raining for 2 days here in Sydney (Aus) I wont make a test video til tomorrow morn on the way to work.
http://r.eBay.com/AjKdfE for the light switch
http://r.eBay.com/Q67mfZ for the flood light
Nicely done! This would be a nice solution for someone looking to set up a light on track bike and do those eventual maintenance and testing rides.

There might be an issue with the light touching the front wheel fender when the forks are bottoming up.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Several modifications, perhaps the most fun has been change to Pirellis from the shite O.E.M. Mivv muffler and pass. peg removal go hand in hand. Removal of farings and install of clip-ons makes me feel young again: like a hooligan on a cafe racer. Thanks for the invitation to share.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had some custom decals designed for the center cowlings and had the tank redone with a pink Ninja decal; also, finally got around to installing the Shogun frame sliders.

We're gonna have such a BLAST while you're here!!!!!:multistars_smilie:

Reactions: Rogue

·
Registered
31 Posts
So much for leaving it stock as originally planned. Accumulated some parts over the winter, here is the current list:

-Pirelli Diablo Corso 2, stock size
-OEM solo seat cowl
-passenger pegs delete
-side reflectors delete
-progrip "carbon fiber" tank pad
-eBay swingarm spools (green)
-Yoshimura exhaust hanger
-LeoVince carbon fiber GP Corsa slip on, baffle in
-K&N air filter
-booster plug
-motodynamic smoked integrated tail light
-motodynamic fender eliminator
-motul 7100 oil and hiflo filter

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went down a similar road as you. I originally had no plans on modifying my 300 but I have grown to love this bike and decided spending money on it is justified. My future plans are to keep this bike and add a 600 to the stable. But I’m in no rush I’m still a new rider refining my skills as a rider. I have an akrapovic SO K&N filter and power commander fuel controller. And a bunch of cosmetic upgrades similar to yours. I love what those little things such as fender eliminator and integrated turn signals do to the over all appeal of the bike. I can’t speak highly enough of the fuel controller it made a night and day difference. The ride is much smoother and the throttle response is improved. Also the fuel cut off is much less noticeable.

How do you like the booster plug? I was on the fence with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Went down a similar road as you. I originally had no plans on modifying my 300 but I have grown to love this bike and decided spending money on it is justified. My future plans are to keep this bike and add a 600 to the stable. But I’m in no rush I’m still a new rider refining my skills as a rider. I have an akrapovic SO K&N filter and power commander fuel controller. And a bunch of cosmetic upgrades similar to yours. I love what those little things such as fender eliminator and integrated turn signals do to the over all appeal of the bike. I can’t speak highly enough of the fuel controller it made a night and day difference. The ride is much smoother and the throttle response is improved. Also the fuel cut off is much less noticeable.

How do you like the booster plug? I was on the fence with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like the booster plug. I doubt it adds any power, but the biggest difference I have noticed is it's much more responsive especially off idle. It pulls a bit better between shifts as well. Not faster, just more responsive.
It tricks the ecu into thinking its 20 degrees cooler, so now that it's still cold out I notice a fuel smell when the engine is cold (it thinks it's below 0 and just dumps fuel) but I'm thinking it will be more efficient once the temperature goes up (soon I hope lol)

I considered the power commander as I have one on my other bike and yes it's amazing, but honestly for the small difference in power vs. the cost of full exhaust and dyno time I couldn't justify it. I'm content with how my little ninja performs and if I really want more power I ride my other bike.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1041 - 1051 of 1051 Posts