Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By that all I mean is, is it possible for a wind gust to literally blow the bike down? I had to take the freeway to work the other day and the gusts were about 23 mph and I was going 75... most scared ive ever been on the bike.

·
Premium Member
12,371 Posts
nothing to get overly stressed over, the worst i have been thru is side winds of about 80 kmph on my vfr800 about 12 years ago, now that was an interesting experience i assure you, however, im still here, grab the bars a bit tighter & wrap your legs around the bike like its someone of the opposite sex & hang on. the chances of you getting blown off are pretty slim i would have thought & im yet to see anyone who actually has been blown off a bike by riding thru sidewinds

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
The area I live in is prone to very high winds and strong gusts and the other day they were kicking up really high. I purposely went out to get an idea of what it's like but opted to ride slower as I had never been in a high wind situation before. All I can say is that there were many moments when I was leaning to the left but still going straight because of how fast the winds were blowing me to the side. Yea, I'm going to avoid high winds. If they were like that at low speed, I don't want to imagine what it would have been like on the freeway. :yikes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts