Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
I got quoted 5799 otd for a 2014 white se abs. Msrp is 5499 onsale for 5199.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just called del amo. Its 6500 otd even with sale..

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to Mid Cities, spoke to Jim, great guy. He gave me a quote I'm very happy with and will be going to him with my purchase ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I just picked up a '13 "used" with 350 miles on it for $3700.

Take a look at what is out there used. Especially in winter, I'm sure you can find something cheaper.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just picked up a '13 "used" with 350 miles on it for $3700.

Take a look at what is out there used. Especially in winter, I'm sure you can find something cheaper.
That's a sweet deal! I had a choice of a '13 1400miles for $4500 but he was hesitant to sell it. I also had a 13 green se non abs 6k miles with scratched fairing, exhaust, for $3000. I decided I'd be best with a new bike since i'm kind of OCD with everything. :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
How did $3999 turned into $6500 otd? $2000 in fees plus tax or something? On the surface - makes it sound a little shady if the $3999 was the correct figure. Could it have been more like $5999?
What happen was, when I called the sales person, he had no idea there was a end of the year sale. He had to look online and he confirmed yes it was indeed $3999. I asked him what the OTD was and he said let me get back at you on that. Couple seconds after he said it'll be $65xx. I told him that the OTD is 2k over what was on the ad and he broke it down as $500 here, $500 there, $800 in this, $200 in registration (I believe). I thought I heard something wrong so I asked him; how can the fee's be 2k over what they were advertising. He didn't know what to say so he pretty much broke it down again.
I asked if he could do 5500 and he said that's slim and would be hard. 5800 is a maybe. I've heard in the pass that Del Amo is a bad dealer due to services and now...this shady advertisement just to attract customers in. It was bogus. If you go on craigslist, some guy made a rant about how Del Amo ripped him off or something. Even after all that, I decided to try first hand.
It's safe to say that Del Amo is No Bueno :unsure::whistling1smilie:

Here's the complaint: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/mpo/4260720669.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts