Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or will I be ok, got rear ended yesterday and the car took off so had to report a hit and run, bike is sctrached to hell, my wound won't stop bleeding, I don't have any medical that's why I don't want to go, ill be payin out of the ass, or will I be ok???

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tip of the Day:

Go to the ER. Preferablly of the largest hospital in your area. They will send you a bill but just don't pay it. Hospitals never send bills to collection agencies. If you can ever pay some of it or all of it, then go ahead. But I wouldn't worry about getting it sent to collections because hospitals don't do that.

Put your health first...you don't want to get it infected and then it turns into MRSA or necrotizing fasciitis and then you'll lose a limb or possible die. Sorry to be blunt but it's the truth if it becomes infected.

Take care.

·
Registered
392 Posts
^ Health first, worry about the bill later.

·
Registered
392 Posts
See if your insurance covers personal injury accidents too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
where's the wound?
you should by all means consider medical ins if you're going to be riding motorcycles. remember its a bit risky, compared to many hobbies...just my .02 cents

·
Registered
392 Posts
Also by chance anyone stop and help and give a license plate or description of driver and car to police? Dang,i think i'm about to get a full time gopro or something of some sort for when i ride.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bad news...

Also by chance anyone stop and help and give a license plate or description of driver and car to police? Dang,i think i'm about to get a full time gopro or something of some sort for when i ride.

thats what i want to do but dont have the funds right now... and there was 1 guy who saw it all but ran to help me, when the cops asked him did you get the lincenses plate, he said wtf i saw a guy on a bike flip 3 times in the air f the lincenses plate i made sure the rider was ok...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hm i dont think as long as its not Gushing blood after you clean it, then it doesnt look too bad. Clean it well with alcohol swabs and bandage it up. It will probably still bleed but if it soaks up your bandage quick then maybe have a DR check it out. Please know im not a DR myself, just suggestion. =P

So no full coverage?

·
Banned
1,037 Posts
Tip of the Day:

Go to the ER. Preferablly of the largest hospital in your area. They will send you a bill but just don't pay it. Hospitals never send bills to collection agencies. If you can ever pay some of it or all of it, then go ahead. But I wouldn't worry about getting it sent to collections because hospitals don't do that.

·
Registered
958 Posts
That doesn't look too bad really. Nothing to suture. A hospital might want some other tests like x-rays, but the treatment for the abrasion will be washing it using betadine solution and applying a bandage along with something for pain most likely and a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in the last 3 years, and some topical antibiotic and additional bandages for you to change, then return in a week. It could still cost $1,000 easily. Medical care is always about 3X what seems reasonable.

·
Registered
27 Posts
When u reported the hit n run, didn't the cops look at your injuries? Did they recommend u going to the hospital. Any head trauma? Neck hurt?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When u reported the hit n run, didn't the cops look at your injuries? Did they recommend u going to the hospital. Any head trauma? Neck hurt?
not really but since it was a hit and run everything is on me because there is no one to blame, no one to pay for injurys, no one to fix the bike, it all lands on me now, so like stated above i suggest everyone have a running camera at all times so this situation can be avoided...

·
Registered
865 Posts
or insurance...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts