Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Looks good, hook it up; Since Kawi limited what colors would be released in each country it has limited how uncommon the bikes will be, seem to be everywhere already, I want to do this to my SE even though I like the lime, and the color would match my lowered S-10 I am finishing up and just painted...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It would be really cool if you could pull it off. But I suspect a vynel wrap would be best to pull it off

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wish they would have made the ABS in the stardust as well. The green is alright but like I said, I would prefer something else. The red color tone is also a great idea too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vinyl wrap could look great but I've never done it before. Is that something easy to pull off by oneself? I was thinking more along the lines off going to the store and grabbing a can of PPG

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wow I think both that blue and that copper look awesome!

I think it is cool to put your own fingerprint on the bike and personalize it.
I am curious how you guys do such beautiful mock-ups? I tried using paint shop
even for small mods and they dont look nice like yours.

As to vinyl wraps versus paint ....I have the red and white Asia model and
have not been able to find a perfect match for red. Also the wraps I have seen look great but do not have as deep a shine.

·
Registered
390 Posts
How much does stuff like that cost to do? I like the fact that there is an SE model with ABS, but I hate the green. Canada got the best colors imo.

·
Registered
129 Posts
wrapping is a pain with these angles, I was going to do it but I know a guy here local that is going to do my wifes whole bike for 400, normally you pay that just for a couple fairings. you can order the wrap pretty cheap, the fairings would be pretty easy on this bike, you would cut the wrap to match the stickers and just cover over them, the rear tail may be a pain but was thinking on using the ebony tail off my wifes and have my guy wrap my green on hers as well as the front fender swapped off hers, you can get the wrap off ebay for a pretty affordable deal and if you have a heat gun it would go pretty good - worst issue will be the tank..... especially since the decals are cleared over

·
Registered
129 Posts
also- they have a 'chrome' looking vinyl, you cannot use it on these angles, it does not shrink up and wrap the same as a typical vinyl, youtube has a ton of instructional videos to watch to get the basic concept, if you ever did a good job tinting windows, you should have no problems

·
Registered
129 Posts
also the pic I posted I found online but my wife is a pro with photoshop and I will post her mock of her 300 as soon as she gets it done...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wow the blue one looks amazing also like the copper it really makes the bike stand out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts