Kawasaki Ninja 300 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo uh... to my uneducated mind, these two helmets are remarkably similar except in price point. near as i can tell they feature 99.9% of the same features. anyone have experience with both and say which is better and why?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
eh i guess i answered my own question:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
also this:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/396/8771/Motorcycle-Article/Shoei-Qwest-Helmet-Review.aspx

As a total package, we think the Qwest scores big. While ventilation wasn’t a high point, it doesn’t limit the long-range comfort factor. And if this review has read more like a comparison with the RF-1100 than a standalone evaluation, it’s because the Qwest offers comparable performance at a lower price. Weight difference between the two models is negligible (1.8 ounces). And while the RF-1100 does a better job with its ventilation, the Qwest is a touch quieter and more comfortable.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
when i sit straight up, the qwest is amazing. when i start to lean in going 75+ on the highway i find myself wishing i could try out the rf1100 because i feel like the aerodynamics might make it a bit better.

in this positition

the wind was pretty loud and annoying. i'm not sure if the rf1100 would do better or if its just a factor of going 75+ on a motorcycle. unfortunately i have nothing to compare it to.

maybe i should just buy the double bubble windshield lol

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have an rf1100 and the wind noise at 70 isnt too bad with the visor shut. I end up having to crack my visor bc of the fogging though, so of course the wind ends up being a nuisance

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I just ordered a pinlock visor and insert for my RF-1100 yesterday. I didn't have any issues with fogging while moving, but I don't like having to open my visor when I come to a stop, particularly when it's cold out.

Opening and closing my visor all the time when it's cold out gives me the sniffles :p

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The qwest is on closeout for $274 plus free shipping sooooo I'm going to order that one either today or tomorrow when I get home. That's roughly half the price of the other

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got a free pinlock visor with my RF-1100 and the seller installed it for me on the counter... I only bought this helmet over QWEST because I prefer the RF-1100 graphics btw.. :D Already spending about 7000 bux on bike and gear, didn't really care about the price difference at this point.

·
Hero of Time
1,352 Posts
The qwest is on closeout for $274 plus free shipping sooooo I'm going to order that one either today or tomorrow when I get home. That's roughly half the price of the other

274 where?? :d 70 cheaper than i paid for matte black

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
274 where?? :d 70 cheaper than i paid for matte black
I'll post the link when I get home; I saved it to my favorites on my PC

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sooo i just ordered the QWEST Ethereal in tc-5

soooo stoked to get a GREAT helmet for a mediocre price...

it's a bit more than the agv i looked at but i believe you get what you pay for and while AGV isnt a bad name, shoei is better IMO...

sooo $274 + free shipping... idc when it gets here now i saved a lot of $$$ for other stuff now :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.